Aftermarket front shocks for 97' q45t?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jirving88

I can't find parts for this car anywhere. Every time I find a part, I'm told it won't fit. They just told me the 99' q45t struts are different from the 97' model, and base won't work because it's electronic. Will any aftermarket stuff work and let me bypass the electronic stuff?

Jttoka
Car: '99 Infiniti Q45t
'03 Audi Allroad
'08 Toyota Yaris
'89 Toyota MR2 Supercharged

OEM, seems to be the only choose. Stock
Im still researching an adjustable coil over setup.
Guess we will just keep searching the posts

jirving88

I bought it for my niece. The car rides ok, but needs suspension work. I had no idea parts would be so complicated for this car. I bought an old ls400 and the parts are easy to find. I think the struts are $368 a piece at the dealer, and for the 99 q45t it's $700 plus a piece. From the dealer all of the parts are super high. They told me around $500 for a strut arm or lower control arm? I did replace the rack and pinion, but now I wish I never bought it.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

So welcome to the world of the 2nd Gen Q45. Many of us have been here and I have the unfortunate job telling you that there is very little/nothing left out there for you in the aftermarket. I had blown out stuts and did KYB SR Specials and Tein springs about 10 years ago. I had to source all of this from Japan for about $800 for the KYB's and $350 for the Teins. About 1 year ago the KYB SR Speicals blew out too, so I was really in a pickle. I ended up buying a set of BC Coilovers and installed them about 1 year ago. So while this made the car handle like a fringgin' slot car, it wasn't cheap. I was into it for about $1,700 installed and I ended up needed to mod up some adjustable torsion bars to get the car in alignment. I think a few other members have been able to get them to work without the alignment issues, but my mechanic couldn't get the alignment right and he mod'ed up the torsion bars.

My car handled so well that I can scare the holy s*** out of my buddies on freeway junctions on fast the car can go, we're talking zero body roll. But given that you're just trying to get a working suspension you should see if you can find someone with a set of these KYB's left over. They stopped making them in Japan for the Cima (our car in Japan) but occasionally a set shows up. Search the web up and down and see what you can find.

Good luck, if you do decide to do the BC's find a shop that knows what they are doing.

MI SO FST
Car: 93 240sx

I have a set of really good condition front and rear shocks from my 99 Q45t if you are interested. The owner before me switch them out and sold the car to me after a short time. When bought the car, i put on a set of JIC coilovers. They are OEM and I would say have less than 10k on them. I know the owner and I was the one that had them replace so i can guarantee that the shocks are not blown and have over 85% life left one them.

These are off a Touring so has the damping adjustments for the front and rear.

QueenV
Car: 1997 Q45 170,250m Silver/Black
Done: 2 knock & 1 oxygen sensors, L. L. Control Arm, Tie Rod, Radiator, Battery, Exhaust pipe and now looking at front struts. This Q made me fall in love with driving.

You mentioned about $500 for the lower left control arm. Dealer list on it is $460 plus tax and .8hr to install (on my 97Q). I said to hell with that. Found the cheapest new version of it on an infiniti discount parts online for about $320. Then said: to hell with that. Found one in really good condition at a salvage yard for $100 shipping included. They said the rubber is not dried out and warranty the part for 30 days. There are about 20 of them available on the salvage network, about 5 or 6 in Grade A condition. I don't need it to last me 150K more miles. New discounted strut assembly is $232, if I got the part right. When I punched the part number into getting it from japan, they had it for $400. pn 543036P086? Let me know what you research, as I'll be needing some for my Q in a month or two.

jirving88

I found some online, but the Infiniti dealership told me they wouldn't fit because the q45t has different struts than the regular q45.

These are the part numbers Infiniti gave me.

561056p926 part number

5644696p070 strut arm

545006p650 lower control arm

MI SO FST

There are 2 things different from a base model and the touring. Not only is does the touring have the electronic damping adjustments but the mounting holes for the calipers are also different. The base uses a 12mm bolt and the touring uses a 14mm bolt.

I still have my shocks from my touring if you are interested.

jirving88

MI SO FST wrote:I have a set of really good condition front and rear shocks from my 99 Q45t if you are interested. The owner before me switch them out and sold the car to me after a short time. When bought the car, i put on a set of JIC coilovers. They are OEM and I would say have less than 10k on them. I know the owner and I was the one that had them replace so i can guarantee that the shocks are not blown and have over 85% life left one them.

How much did you want for the front?

MI SO FST

jirving88 wrote:
MI SO FST wrote:I have a set of really good condition front and rear shocks from my 99 Q45t if you are interested. The owner before me switch them out and sold the car to me after a short time. When bought the car, i put on a set of JIC coilovers. They are OEM and I would say have less than 10k on them. I know the owner and I was the one that had them replace so i can guarantee that the shocks are not blown and have over 85% life left one them.

How much did you want for the front?
Where are you located?

jirving88

Dallas, TX area

MI SO FST

jirving88 wrote:Dallas, TX area
I think shipping will be at least 50. Ill do 525 shipped.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”