Adjustable Camber Kit

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Initial_Z

I am going all out on my suspension and I know it's recommended to have adjustable camber kits when lowering car. So can someone give me a break down detail list of what I need for both front and rear ?

So far I found a package for the rear
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

Is that all I need for the rear ?

What else do I need for the front ? Front upper control arm ? Front tension rod ? Front lower control arm ?

Thanks,

85cartagena
Car: 1991 fairlady z 2+2

I have the following: (front) adj. Tension rods and adj. Upper control arms, (rear) adj. Tension rods and adj. Upper control arms. I wouldn't trust eBay parts, I went for powertrix race coils and tension rods and ams control arms.
Last edited by 85cartagena on Fri May 14, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

car nut
Car: GT500.

You call that going all out? :rotfl :rotfl

Initial_Z

^ That just give me an idea of what a full set up should look like.
And I dont get it when people give negative comments about stuffs on Ebay. What's a different between Tein coilovers from Z1 and Tein coilovers from Ebay ?

Phideaux
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX N/A

Zviator wrote:^ That just give me an idea of what a full set up should look like.
And I dont get it when people give negative comments about stuffs on Ebay. What's a different between Tein coilovers from Z1 and Tein coilovers from Ebay ?
Nothing at all haha but there is a very big difference between this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

and this: http://www.powertrix.com/agoracart55/ht ... sp_kit.jpg

Ghut300zx
Car: 1995 300zx N/A

Initial_Z

Eventhough I'm not a brand whore, I definitely will do a HW on quality beforehand.

Can someone please just answer my original question ?

Thank you,

DMeN Z
Car: SWhite '91 TT Z32, Dodge Patas

Front tension rods, Front upper control arm, rear upper control arm, and rear traction rods. Really only need the first three. The last one I named is just a supporting component I have.

ArticDragon192
Car: 91 Z32 2+2

Zviator wrote:Eventhough I'm not a brand whore, I definitely will do a HW on quality beforehand.

Can someone please just answer my original question ?

Thank you,
I'll be nice and save you the trouble. Ebay parts suck. The heim joint, the most important prt of a suspension arm, always goes bad. They either sieze, squeak, or just fail completely which is totally unsafe. Get Powertrix as they run quality heim joints and bearings in all their arms to prevent such failures.
For camber adjustment, I'd recommend front upper control arms, tension rods, and rear upper control arms. All these components wiill keep your camber in check. And the aftermarket tension rods will save the bearings in your FUCAs from failing prematurely. If you don't wanna fork over the cash for FUCAs, you can also get the 300 degree camber kit with gives you some but limited camber adjustability.

85cartagena
Car: 1991 fairlady z 2+2

Zviator wrote:Eventhough I'm not a brand whore...
it's not about being a "brand whore" it's about safety. You don't wanna go cheap when it comes about suspension parts, simply cuze you're wheels might come off your car while driving due to weak welds for example. Besides, many of these "eBay brands" always say "off road use only" in very small lettering. But hey... Safety first, that's just the way I think.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”