add ipod to factory 6disc BOSE

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
ECMgarrett
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder - 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo - 1999 Buell S3 (drag) - 2008 Buell 1125R (street)

is it possible to use IPOD with the factory bose system in a 2003 SE Pathfinder?

I dont want to go the FM Transmitter route, you usually (always) lose sound quality, I dont want that at all.

sorry for all of the questions, i just got the car a few days ago and have a lot to learn about it

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

until i did a head unit upgrade i connected my psp to a tape deck converter that connected into the headphone jack. the quality was great surprisingly! its a cheap and easy route. the factory unit has no rca inputs so you would have to open it up and find a way and even then its doubtful

i hate ipods so i have no idea if theres any products besides fm transmitter that can do it

denvern

Hope this works:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...l1247

If not search "pathfinder ipod radio" on ebay.

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

That's a lot of money for an iPod adapter. I just went out and bought a $10.00 fm converter for my iPod.Just tune it to an unused FM frequency, and bingo. Works great for me.

denvern

It definitely is alot of money but the difference is sound quality and the ability to use your factory deck.

If he was changing his deck, there are cheaper alternatives however like myself he wants to retain the factory apperance. I have XM radio and ipod hook-up with my factory deck and it sounds crystal clear.

Chris92SE
Car: 2017 QX30
2003 Pathfinder LE

Qxxx4 wrote:until i did a head unit upgrade i connected my psp to a tape deck converter that connected into the headphone jack. the quality was great surprisingly! its a cheap and easy route. the factory unit has no rca inputs so you would have to open it up and find a way and even then its doubtful

i hate ipods so i have no idea if theres any products besides fm transmitter that can do it
I did the same thing and I thought the sound was excellent for a <$10 tape adapter. Maybe it sounds so good because I have never played a tape in it. Nice clean heads! haha

I actually bought the ipod and adapter because the 6-disc changer conked out.

ECMgarrett
Car: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder - 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo - 1999 Buell S3 (drag) - 2008 Buell 1125R (street)

i've had a FM transmitter before and it worked well, but you lost some quality.i've went the tape deck route, wasnt super stoked on that either.

honestly i'll just buy a new double DIN headunt. Id rather buy a $400 headunit and know it'll be great vs a random ebay harness for almost half that cost .

thanks guys, i appreciate your help.

timmack
Car: 2002 Beige Pathfinder SE

might be just a crappy tape adaptor, i have one from Phillips that i got at wal mart that i use for my sirius and my mp3, it sounds noticably cleaner than a cd or fm radio. theres also an adaptor than you can get that plugs into the antenna and works like an fm transmitter.

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

timmack wrote:.... theres also an adaptor than you can get that plugs into the antenna and works like an fm transmitter.
itd be neat if that adapter converted it to RCA inputs!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”