AC Repair

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
cjohnston
Car: 2007 g35s sedan

Owner of a 2007 G35S sedan. AC compressor seized today and I now need to replace it along with the condenser. Problem is the only condenser I can find is for the coupe not the sedan. Infiniti dealer has all the parts but I don't have $2100 that they are quoting me for parts plus labor.

Does anyone out there know if the condenser for the coupe will work for the sedan? To add to my problem I've been told by Infiniti that I have a split year engine and this compounds my condenser issue. (1/2 of the 07 engines got one condenser and 1/2 got another...very frustrating). The dealer seems to be the only place that has all the parts but again the cost is astronomical. I have found all the parts online for approximately $360 but the condenser is listed as being for a coupe.

Willing and able to do the work myself, I just don't want to get everything off only to find out the condenser is wrong.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

lightedlandings

Hello,

I am new here but have the same car, sedan 07 base model automatic. I believe you must purchase a radiator/condenser combo specifically for sedan, and I have purchased one from radiatorexpress.com which was not good quality at all. I ended up calling infinitipartsusa.com and they were $537 shipped for the radiator, which is as cheap as I have found. If you find cheaper let me know. Problem with radiator express was aftermarket (had no caps on AC ports and welded on drier).

When I started the repair of the radiator it was frustrating but it is not too bad. If you disconnect the AC lines from rad make sure you release the freon into a canister first. I didn't and now looking at $80 for vaccum and refill.

Also, all this work being done make sure a trip to advance auto for the drier you will need. Only $25.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”