AC Drain Hose

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
KevDelaney
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

for Can someone describe for me where the AC drain hose is in a 2001 Infiniti QX4? Water is leaking from under the dashboard and I am pretty sure the drain hose must be clogged but I can't find it. Thanks in advance!

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

Don't be so sure it's the drain hose. I've had water come in on the passenger side, soaking the carpet. Apparently so have a few others.I first thought the same as you, that it was the AC drain hose, until I realized the carpet was still getting wet when it rained.Are you sure it only gets wet when you have the AC on??If you need to find the drain, it is in the engine compartment, on the firewall, low down, almost dead centre. It's basically just a rubber hose pointing down. Run the truck with the AC on in the driveway or in a parking lot, and see if you get the telltale water drops in the driveway. If it drips, then the hose is OK.As for mine, I have never been 100% positive of exactly where the water came from. I narrowed it down using a garden hose, and figured the water was coming in at the base of the windshield on the passenger side. I used some silicone caulking to seal every little crevace and hole along the base of the windshield, and the upper firewall, and it stopped.Good luck.

Metallica98
Car: 1998 Nissan Pathfinder

If it is the drain hose, it's going to take you a matter of 5 seconds to unclog it. I had the same problem, water coming through from under the glove compartment. I just poked at the hose with a long screw driver and thats all it took to free it up.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”