ABS brake fault light on, buzzing sound

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Victor
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30T

I found a thread about the same problem I am having but I didn't see any way to reply to it so sorry for starting a new thread on the same topic.
Anyway, the problem is the ABS brake fault light came on and there was a buzzing sound coming from the black plastic box on top of the ABS brake control unit even with the ignition key turned off. I disconnected the battery, opened up the black plastic cover and removed the relay. It has five contacts on it. I tapped on it an reinstalled it and reconnected the battery and the problem has gone away, at least for now.
Someone on the other thread mentioned they couldn't find a place that sold the relay. I found a company called Parts Geek that has it for $37.78 in case someone needs it. Maybe someone knows some other place that sells it cheaper.
http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/WC/ ... oogle+Base

1994 infiniti j30 190+
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30
1990 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Limited Edition

junkyard is free and if they charge you its very cheap lol and you can get alot of them if there a few j30s

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

You need a new relay. They use to be dealer only. If you found another source that's good-do tell.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

I just smack mine with my leatherman if I hear the buzz. (The case its in)
Need to replace it though because it WILL drain your battery if you let it buzz overnight.

Victor
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30T

Followup to my previous post on the ABS relay problem. After five months the problem of a buzzing sound coming from the ABS relay box after the engine was shut off, and the ABS fault light being on got worse to the point where the temporary fix of banging on the relay didn't work anymore. I called a dealer and they wanted $66 for a new relay, and an online vendor wanted $42.
So i went to pick your part and bought three of them for $2 each (half price sale day) plus $2 to get in, just in case one of them didn't work. Some other model infinitis also use the same relay if you can't find a junked J30. The relay that actually causes the buzzing sound problem (sound is actually coming from the ABS motor) is the one with the cross on top and has four terminals on it that controls the ABS motor and causes it to constantly run, draining the battery. The other relay under the plastic cover controls a solenoid and has a flat top and five terminals on it.

I don't know which of these is the part number, but all three numbers were on the motor actuator relay case.
ACB32201 C01
CB1of-12V

These are the numbers on the solenoid actuator relay:
ACB12201A02
CBiF-12V

It is easier to pull the ABS motor control relay out if you pull the other relay first so you can get a better grip on it.

While I was there I also got a dashboard dimmer control switch for $3.50. Takes only about a minute to pull out.

swimshark
Car: Bamboo Mist 1994 Infiniti J30 Soon to RIPs

Pearl White 1993 Infiniti J30 Project Ghost

i have a tool bag with an inner pocket and just pocket small switches and grab lots of interior clips and stuff when i go to pull a parts here in atl

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”