A Chysler Versa!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
longo
Car: 2007 Versa SL, CVT

"On Friday, Chrysler and Nissan announced plans for Nissan to provide Chrysler with a version of the Versa, a subcompact car, which Chrysler will sell in South America starting in 2009." (New York Times, Sunday Jan 13-08)

You are right if you say...WHAT!!!?

But Chysler has done this before with great success...remember the "Dodge Colt"? Owned one, loved it, but didn't know at the time is it was a re-badged Mitsubishi...as I later found out from other enthusiastic owners happy with the quality, reliability and built like a bank vault reputation.

I was first on the scene of a spectacular accident with a little blue 1992 Dodge Colt hatchback, where the Death Wish driver had sped up and over a huge berm at full throttle, sailed 123 feet in the air hit the ground upside down took out 2 fences, coming to rest with all four wheels still furiously spinning.

That little Colt suffered a flattened hood and some paint off the roof but it could have been turned over and driven away!

I think this new Versa-Deal with Chysler proves they admit they can't build a decent new small car from scratch, and aren't stupid enough to try.

Good luck and best wishes for the new....'Versler'?
Modified by longo at 10:11 AM 1/13/2008

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

re-repost

Return to “Versa General Chat”