A/C and heater blower not working?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
habu
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL HB

The blower for my heat and air conditioning just quit working in my 2008 Versa after 22k miles. It will not work on any of the fan settings. The air conditioner still works because I can feel a little cold air coming from the vents when I hold my hand up to it. I checked the fuses and they are good. Everything was fine before it quit, no funny noises or smells.

I tried to search the forum but found no other problems like this. Has anyone else had this happen? I have an appointment on Tuesday with the dealer to get it looked at.

kc5f
Car: Versa SL HB CVTs - 2008 (daughter), 2007's (both RIP). I'm now in a silver 2012, my son a silver 2015 Note, my wife a bright yellow 2016 Juke.

I haven't seen it mentioned here. But it's definitely a warranty issue, so they should take care of it. At least at this time of year in Kentucky you should be fine with the windows until then!

Ryan-H
Car: 2006 Nissan Tiida ST Sedan 6 speed

Please check your fuse box next to the drivers leg and your fuse cluster under the bonnet check for any blown fuses. just sounds like the blower fuse has shorted, My cig lighter always blows when i plug my gps in.

habu

The dealership says that the blower is bad. Evidently it's a big job to replace it. They say the entire dash has to come out and they have to order the blower. I might get my car back in a couple days. I did get a loaner though, so it's not too much of a pain.

Moghedian
Car: 2009 6-Speed S

I would hate for them to have to take my dash out. Something like would never fit exactly right again, and most likely produce noise thru vibration. Sorry to hear you had a part go bad, and even worse, that it requires "major surgery" to your V.

Whats your loaner? Anything you can burn up the road with?

Ginsu
Car: White 2009 Versa SL Hatchback

Blower motors are often tucked in behind the glove box on other cars. I'm not sure about the Versa, or how much the tech you spoke to was exaggerating, but you've got to wonder about the engineering here. Blower motors are not expected to last forever.

piratefan
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

Mine has started to do the same thing. It comes and goes, but it seems to go more on hot days.

habu

A final update in case this happens to anyone else.

The blower was replaced on my Versa due to an internal failure. I have had the car back for a couple days now and driven about 100 miles. Everything seems to be working fine. They did remove the dash to replace the blower so I have been on the lookout for any dash noises. So far it has been quiet. I hope it stays that way.

gtrisfun
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL Hatch, CVT, Conv Pkg, Sport Pkg.

a little bit late with my response,

same thing happened with my versa just under a year old, at about 7500 miles. first the dealership tech had tapped the back of the blower motor housing and it had unstuck it, but they did order me a new motor for the warranty claim.

when the replacement blower motor came in, they replaced the old one, perhaps without pulling the dash. new blower seemed just fine at the dealership. i ended up taking it back a couple days later, in driving, the motor had shifted and settled. long story short, a lot of vibration and harmonics.

at this time, the dealership techs pulled the dash and remounted the blower motor as they were supposed to, rather than from under, where the upper mounting screws were difficult to access. i'm glad for you they did pull the dash.

piratefan
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

I just got a call back from the dealership to tell me that my blower motor had gone bad and that it shorted out the blower resistor.

Can someone tell me what a blower resistor does?

robj80
Car: 2014 Frontier
2011 Rogue

The resitor is what controls the blower speed. In nissans they are usually under the glove box. It looks like the inside of an old NES game . I had to swap it out on my g20 and it took under a minute. My blower was only working on the #4 position. I swapped that out and BAM had function on 1-4.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”