99 Q45 Replacement Key Programming? (and pics of slammed Q)

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Ollie36
Car: Y33

Hey guys. I'm a new member here. Been wanting to register for the past couples years that I've owned nissans but never got a chance. Now I lost my only key to my 99 Q45 (and I kept telling myself I would get a new key made before winter =/) and really, really don't want to tow the car to the dealer.

Would a regular locksmith be able to cut and program a key to the car or do I have no choice but to tow it somewhere? The dealer said the only way is to have the car at the dealership. A locksmith said I could have a key made and programmed on the spot with their computers but he hasn't called me back after I told him to make sure he can 100% do it and I wasn't very confident in his knowledge lol. Any advice? Or am I s*** out of luck and this is what I get for running around with one key? :facepalm:

Here are pics of my Q45 for clicking the thread. Hopefully not too low for anyones taste=].. Still working on getting the front lower to even it out just right. The reason I don't want to tow it is because of the ride height and the fact that I'm an hour from the nearest dealership

BCC93QT
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45

Like the rims. Works vs-xx 18's? I would have just gone bags with some less expensive rims to even that cost out. Thats my 2 But it looks good. Bashers will come out soon.
As far as the key goes you can still get some OEM NEW keys for the Y (I think) or atleast have seen them for the Cima in Japan. Maybe the dealer still carries your remote. Or get a used one off ebay and reprogram it. Fairly simple im thinking.
Also would you like to go with a full Cima kit?

Your fog lights are 2 different colors?

Ollie36

BCC93QT wrote:Like the rims. Works vs-xx 18's? I would have just gone bags with some less expensive rims to even that cost out. Thats my 2 But it looks good. Bashers will come out soon.
As far as the key goes you can still get some OEM NEW keys for the Y (I think) or atleast have seen them for the Cima in Japan. Maybe the dealer still carries your remote. Or get a used one off ebay and reprogram it. Fairly simple im thinking.
Also would you like to go with a full Cima kit?

Your fog lights are 2 different colors?
Thanks man. Yep vs-xx 18x10.5 all around. Kind of wish I got bags as well but I'm a sucker for nice wheels. haha Air will come next year.

I dont think you understood my question. I want to know if a locksmith would be able to reprogram a key to work with my car without having the car at their shop. Hopefully someone will be able to answer. I'm really hoping I don't have to tow it somewhere because the dealer said the only way for them to do it is if the car is physically there for them to hook the computer up to.

And yeah one of my fogs is messed up. The car needs some little things and a kit will come eventually

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

There is a chip in the key that needs to be programmed, however, I believe there are locksmiths out there that have the ability to program them. If they assure you that they will be able to do it, try it. It is easier to get a couple of keys and remotes and let the dealer program everything at once, but to get the car moving for sure.

How did you get you car that low?? Cut springs?????? You have some serious camber going on there :)

Ollie36

Alright cool. Ill give some places a call tomorrow. Hopefully someone can do it.. all the local ones said they couldnt so I was a bit worried.

The car is on coilovers and adjustable arms. rides halfway decent for how low it is. And yeah I love camber on vip cars haha. Nothing crazy though

BadQ45t
05' X-Terra S 4x4

Cool, I have mine lowered not quite that low with Tein springs and KYB SR Specials....which coilovers are you running?

Ollie36

I've got the powered by max vip specs. I dont like them but for 1250 bucks, I don't hate them

BadQ45t
05' X-Terra S 4x4

That is pretty cheap...did they install directly or did you have to perform some mods to make them work?

What's up with you key BTW, did you get moving?

BCC93QT
1995 Infiniti Q45

Bags run 2k-5k depending on dual compressors and specs.

BCC93QT
1995 Infiniti Q45

These are still had uncut if any interest @ nico

Ollie36

BadQ45t wrote:That is pretty cheap...did they install directly or did you have to perform some mods to make them work?

What's up with you key BTW, did you get moving?
They're a direct install like all other y33 coils. Bottom mounts need to be welded to the knuckles.

Got a guy coming tomorrow who said he can cut and program a key on the spot.

I'm good on bags for a while. I'm a static vip kind of guy and tons of things I want to do before I even consider. Broke college kid=/

VI IX
Car: 99 q45

Hahah. Just noticed this car start showing up on Vsc too. Clean ride. Hope u got the key thing situated. If not by now then dayam.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”