99 INFINITI QX4 HEADLIGHT SWAP R5O NISSAN TERRANO

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Normanio
Car: Infiniti qx4 hgh miles

Hello All. I am in need of some help sourcing correct documents for my swap. I have a 99 3.3 QX4 and I recently purchased a whole set of HiD's from the R50 Pathfinder. If anyone could lend a hand and shoot me some links so I can have the correct documents for this swap ('99 JDM R50 Terrano Regulus Electronic Wiring Diagram, 99 USDM Infiniti Qx4 wiring diagram) I would much appreciate it. Thanks for lookin fellow Nissan owners.

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

I did this swap with no diagrams at all, I have the Factory Service Manual for QX4 but you don't need it. I wired power direct from battery, and made relays using factory Nissan relays (doused in silicone to make them waterproof). Each headlamp uses only three wires (1 12v high beam, 1 12v low beam, one ground). I didn't connect the headlight leveling actuators, though, so the headlights don't move as I drive. I wired the city lights into the factory corner lights.

Let me know if you have any questions, as I did this swap already. They are GREAT lights, you're gonna love them!

PS - do you have a 99 or a 99.5 QX4? As the lights and radiator supports are slightly different, for a 99 the lights *should* just bolt right in. For the 99.5, I had to cut out a significant portion of the radiator support. (in the 99.5 update, the qx4 went from glass to plastic headlights)

Mine:

When we were cutting out the radiator support:

Normanio

Thanks Fueler. I look at your QX4 all the time. I have a 99.5 QX4, and a pair of '99 Terrano lights are en route. Im actually not going to install these lights, im disabled and cant do the physical side anymore. I am trying to source as many documents as I can, so I can get them installed by some pro-audio friends I know. Thanks for your input, I appreciate your help. When cutting the support, how did you determine your cut? Is there a general shape/line I should cut? Im excited about the lights but, dont want any Mickey Mouse jobs on it. Should I spend more to get them professionally installed by a shop? Let me know when possible so I can finish my research portion of the swap, thanks.

Normanio

quick correction
R20 lights (1999 Terrano) not the R50 (which I learned is 1997)

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”