'97 Q power steering problemo

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
whabbahead9
Car: 1997 Q 23Xk

My poor '97 Q's power steering went out for the second time and maybe a third time and I need some serious help. The first time it went out so did the motor. The new motor's PS pump worked for about two-three weeks then went out. We put a re-manufactured pump on and attempted to bleed the system at my house with no progress. I drove it to the shop I work at and got help from my boss, but it never got any better. It would release bubbles and overflow and didn't appear to be leaking but it never felt correct, and still doesn't steer correctly. Its got a new remanned rack in it, but still the original lines/reservoir. any help would be greatly appreciated trying to help figure this out

Q45-pj
Car: 2000 Q45 anniversary edition. Grey/black leather.

There might be air in it. Or the pump is prob bad. When my pump was bad the fluid would overflow and bubble. When the rack was (still is) out, the fluid got sucked right in. The sound of the suction was like a vaccum sucking down water. Straight to the ground of course.
My guess would be the pump.
Did you swap the sensor from the old pump and put it on the new? You should def lurk around the forum. The dudes here are Q-crazy! Plus helpful. I'd double check w/the other guys here but I def think it's your pump.

Good luck, and let me know what it is.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”