96 Q45 - Help installing a factory CD Changer

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
hansQ45
Car: 1996 Q45

I recently purchased a factory CD changer and install bracket from Joe in Arizona. Quick service and good price.

Here's my question... Do you have any tips on installing it? It came with the wiring harness that plugs into the back of the Bose factory AM/FM Tape Player.

What's the best route to take for the wiring harness from the radio to the trunk where the CD changer is located?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks!

CGB
Car: 92 Q45 199K 95Q45 99K

Hans. I just installed one in my 95 and for what I understand, the install for the 96 should be the same as long as your Bose unit has CD buttons.Did you get trunk mount? Mine came with instructions.If you have the trunk mount, it's pretty easy.Remove the right hand side trunk liner. If you look up about 12 o'clock, you'll see a rectangular white connnector. It should plug right in the wire harness of your player.

If you lift the trunk floor mat, there are two bolts, on the right hand side close to the edge. Remove these and attach the mount bracket with same and you're done.

I trimmed my floor mat/carpet to conform around the mounting bracket and looks great.

Please post back if you'll need more help.
Modified by CGB at 6:58 PM 10/1/2004

hansQ45

I did get the trunk mount and already installed it.

What do you mean by the right hand side trunk liner? Is that the trunk liner that would be directly behind the backseat in the trunk? Under the package tray that holds the rear speakers?

The actual wiring coming from the CD changer is pretty short - like about 6 inches or so with a plug on the end.

How far away is the white plug that the CD changer plugs into from the point where the CD changer is mounted on the floor of the trunk?

Thanks!

CGB

As you open the trunk, it will be the liner on your right hand side that covers the quarter panel. It's held by a few plastic screws. Undo the screws a little bit and pull out and the grommets will come out.

Once you get the liner out, look at about 12 o'clock and you'll see some wiring harnesses. In my car the harness with the cd player connector was wrapped with tape to another harness. You're looking for one that has a single rectangular, white connector.I think that it has 12 or 14 pins. It's fairly long. You shouldn't have any problems reaching the connector on the changer.

I hope that your car has this connector, otherwise I' afraid that you might have to wire from the radio itself.

I hope that I have giving you enough info to get you going.If not, please post back. Maybe some other members will post additional information.

Please let us know the results.

hansQ45

Thanks very much for the advice.

I removed the right side trunk panel and found the white connector. I reinstalled the CD changer bracket, installed the CD changer, plugged in the two connectors and it works great. I was done in about 25 minutes.

I'm glad you told me where the white connector was. The CD Changer came with the directions and a wiring harness. It's made to use with various other models of Nissan and Infinity cars.

Thanks again, maybe this will help someone else out in the future. This site is great.

I think a little Led Zepplin is in order tonight in the Q45!

CGB

Glad to be of help.

Enjoy your new toy!!!

par2za

hi hans just wanted to ask you where you got the cd changer/how much and if you have a model number mine is showing errors and need to replace or fix if you can help me find one that would fit my 95 Q45t with a factory 10 cd changer already fitted. thanks again

hansQ45

Sorry, about the delay in the answer. I bought the unit from Joe in the Parts Dept. at at http://www.everythinginfiniti.com (Infiniti of Scottsdale, AZ). I believe it cost ariound $180.00 and included the trunk bracket. Joe was great to deal with and I received the CD Changer quickly.

The model number is a Clarion CV737 (6 CD Changer) and is a factory Nissan part.

Good Luck!

bdimag
Car: Oldsmobile Cutlass

Anyone have a manual for that changer? Or know of a way to rewire it to work with some other cd changer controller..

otherwise... anyone want to buy it & the brackets?

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

bdimag wrote:Anyone have a manual for that changer? Or know of a way to rewire it to work with some other cd changer controller..

otherwise... anyone want to buy it & the brackets?
What, no Bose (Clarion) head unit? I am mystified.

bdimag

I have the in dash controller for it, which is a seperate unit from the radio/cd unit.. and i did get it working, btw...

thing was, my friend pulled the disc holder from the trunk, didnt realize there was a clip hiddin in there so he just cut the wires.. took so long to figure out that whole part after piecing it all together (with the clips in back and front - they differ a little)

then I had to cut off the 9 pin plug (that plugs from the changer to the actual head unit) into wires for power, illum, audio left/right, etc...

im suprised i got it working (apart from the dimmer being reversed; its auto with the lights - so when its dark out it doesnt light up, and vice versa)

and unfortunately after all that work im probably gonna ditch it for something that can be controlled through the HU..

sheadee240

If you want to sell the cd changer let me know. Is it a clarion 6 disc changer?

Thanks

Kevin

Silvia2b
Car: 95 240sx se / 07 G35s cpe / 2009 G37s sedan (rear-ended R.I.P.) / 19 Q50 rs400AWD

The 10 disc changers with the separate controller were made by Sony. not clarion like the 6. The 95 240sx changers were a 6 disc made by Panasonic, and so was the single disc indash player.

Rex
Car: None

I'm pretty sure sheadee240 is trying to put on in a Q.

The Q's used Sony with remote/external controller for 90-93, and then incoporated all the controls into the HU for 94 and up. 94's & 95's used both a Clarion and a (different) Sony.

sheadee240 - I wish you luck in finding one man.

hiscraigness
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

Do you still have the CD Changer and the bracket? If so, how much?--Craig--

bdimag

I've got the changer & bracket - which should be good...

the front controller works, but the cords were mangled to be used in any car, so it now has rca outputs - instead of the 9-pin plug

and then i have all the wiring i used to send it through the car...

still interested?

hiscraigness
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

What brand and model is it. The plug in my trunk has 16 pins. Is that what your changer has. If so, I would be interested in the changer and the bracket.

tsoneal

I have a 1995 Q45 as well. I would like to what model cd changer you installed in yours. Will the Clarion cv737 work in mine?

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

If its OEM and came with the Q45 then yes, if you have the CD changer see if it will fit on the harness or post up some pics.

Welcome to NICO.

tsoneal

I was looking to buy a clarion cv737, but I wasnt sure if it would fit the 1995 q45. I see here that someone installed it in the 1996 model.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

CV737 is the correct model. Plug and play.

zerothread?id=103957

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”