96 Infiniti I30

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Baygie05
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30

My 96 Infiniti I30 has a check engine light on that wont come off, I changed the idle control because that is what the code said it was but it's still on when cleared it comes back on in a few hours don't know what to do next help!.

OwnerCS

Did you change the part known as the IACV?

Where did you get the part (brand name)?

Can you tell us the code you are getting?

The IACV should look like the one in the picture.

Baygie05
Car: 1996 Infiniti I30

We Changed it I'm not sure of the brand my mechanic was the one who ordered it but the code i'm getting is P0505.

OwnerCS

I would take it back to him and ask what brand he used when he replaced yours. and tell him you are still getting a bad IACV code.

I have used BWD Intermotor IACVs with success on two 4th gen (Maxima and I30) vehicles.

Take a look at the following video. Note the wiring check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYuRKzsqp-g

mithanbaba
Car: honda

I shopped around until I pulled the trigger on my Versa. I wanted a 'basic' model since it was going to be a commuter car that the family can use, when needed. I have the Silver 4dr with roll-up windows, CVT, basic stereo. I've put on window tint (limo and dark), aftermarket car alarm with auto door locks. I will be adding the Parrot Blue Tooth system (MKi9100) this month.

NutriaforBreakfast
Car: Nissan Maxima 1995 VQDE engine

i am going to the junkyard Mon
Am pulling a IACV as a spare
Please be aware the carbon buildup in this part can cause
the part to not function correctly even though NO cel light
comes on

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”