94 altima

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
UnderPressure

si im just wondering because i used to drive an altima. Arent the engines in the 240 and the altima the same? why is the 240 rated 5 hp more? isnt it mounter diff? has anyone turbo'd the 1st gen altima? i bet that would make for a killer sleeper. . .

flash

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

I think the only difference is the the CAM profile on the 240SX. That and the position of the engine.

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

The only real difference I know of it the way the engine mounts cause obviuosly the 240 has a North South config whereas teh Altima uses a East West config.

And yes there are turboed Altimas running around.

Cold_Zero

Hey OFS,Is Nissan going to release new cams for the QR25DE? I am hoping they don't diss the 4cyl and make all their aftermarket parts for the 3.5

Btw- Nice Spec V this weekend.

Bud

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

Cold_Zero wrote:Hey OFS,Is Nissan going to release new cams for the QR25DE? I am hoping they don't diss the 4cyl and make all their aftermarket parts for the 3.5

Bud

I am not sure if anyone will release new cams for the engine or not. I haven't heard anything about any unless it has come up recently but I haven't been reading as avidly on my Sentra forums as much lately so I am not really sure. I would think someone like JWT will come up with something somewhere down the line though.

Kail
Car: 89 240sx RB25det, 03 Pathfinder

the 5 hp difference is in the cam profile.....as for turbo 1st gen Altimas...i just might know one.

UnderPressure

u know one? can u get me in touch with him/her? I always thought a turbo altima would be cool. ThanksFlashhttp://www.geocities.com/underpressurecc

UnderPressure

oh damn, i just read ur signiture, im me on yahoo sometime- underpressuremotors

Kail

catch me on AIM sn: kail321...and by the way go to http://www.altimas.net there are a lot of knowledgebel people over there. Also check out the Turbo KA forum in the 240sx forum..those guys really know there stuff

Cold_Zero

Yes, go to Altimas.net. Maybe they can suck you into their futile attempt to bring down Sport Compact Car for calling the KA24DE engine in the Altima a "truck engine."

War retardation.I am out.

Kail

i completly agree that Altimas.net is not a nice place to go...but it is the biggest, Altimas site...there are a lot of people on it..and there are a lot of dumb asses on it, but there are some that do know a lot. check it out..but dont take everyones word as the gospel truth.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

UnderPressure wrote:u know one? can u get me in touch with him/her? I always thought a turbo altima would be cool. ThanksFlashhttp://www.geocities.com/underpressurecc

F-max (http://www.f-max.com) makes a turbo kit for the 1st gen Altima.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Cold_Zero wrote:Hey OFS,Is Nissan going to release new cams for the QR25DE? I am hoping they don't diss the 4cyl and make all their aftermarket parts for the 3.5

Bud

JWT has some QR25DE cams in developement as we speak.

rey_boricua
Car: Working out, chilling, and cars

Another turbo altima herei agree altimas.net is a rough place when you ask, are there any turbo kits for an altima?

are there any headers for the altima? instead of doing a search:confused:

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

if u want headers, go to stillen , however they arent smog leagal, but no one checks for that down here, so if i ahd the $$ id get em

lifeofshadoze

altimas.net is a nice site, well laid out but it goes no further than that. The people on there are complete losers, as ive met many of them, and even more enemies. Everyone is concerned with image, which is fine, but its too much when 10000 members are all trying to be the most popular. You cant ask a question about turbo, swaps, brakes, intakes, mufflers, cams, ecu's....... if that held true, where u are to search for an question you have, wouldnt all forums except off-topic become archived with no new content??? retards on that ****ing site.

Cold_Zero

Life,I am sure there are others in the "Altima Online Community" that probably share your same view. In order to not get into a pissing contest with Altimas.net lets turn our focus to making this section of NICO an informative resource for Altima and Stanza owners. We have members that contribute to this section that are in good standing with Altimas.net. I know I have benefited from information contained on their site. With this in mind, what type of car do you have and where are you from?

BTW welcome to NICO and I look forward to talking to you,Later,

Bud

lifeofshadoze

if youre from .net, you must know me ;) but go on, any questions reguarding the u13 bring it on

nlzmo400r

haha, i think u should spend more time at NICO lifeoshadoze, and i too think they are alil too many people on that site, i seem to forget where i post at and i cant find the right answers, but nice site either way

lifeofshadoze

indeed this site is MUCh more personal, seems as the members are willing to go that extra step to help you with a question. More members appear to be do'ers instead of dreamers.

nlzmo400r

lifeofshadoze wrote:indeed this site is MUCh more personal, seems as the members are willing to go that extra step to help you with a question. More members appear to be do'ers instead of dreamers.
of course we are, for one, we dont have as many members, so it allows us to get more personal and know people on more of a personal level.im a member of altimas.net as well (havent visited since god knows when), i have respect for everyone, until they show me they dont deserve it, i just happen to like NICO better, i can get questions answered quicker and with the right answers, not thousands of opinions instead of facts, and we have great moderators, if u notice, 99% of people on this site are well mannered and speak politely as well

AVERAGE
Car: my car

well guys . i must be the little guy here . me with my measly e16s motor. no one ever post any replies or has even started a new thread since ive become a member here. not knocking nico or anything but as far as the b12 goes i guess ill stick to the npm forums.

nlzmo400r

sorry about that man, there are a few 'little guys' here, the G35 people had to get quite a few members to even get their own section of threads, so give it time my friend, and more will come, just because thats the chassis u happen to have, doesnt mean u have to opst in only those forums, hell the ALTIMA,STANZA forums dont get TOO much attention, so i post everywhere, let the moderators know, and tell every one u know that has a nissan to join

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

the engine is a truck engine, pure and simple. It is torque, as needed for a small pickup. It was designed with that in mind, not as a performance engine, although some choose to make it so.

nlzmo400r

this is true, however , have you ever thought of it as a performance engine, thta just so happened to find its way into a truck first?? haha, wierd analogy i know, but take what u said and flip it around, imagine, say a mercedes v12 engine out of a pagani zonda (55ohp, 55oft lbs of tq) and put that into your average ford f-35o or something, i'd be willing to bet itd make a damn good truck engine as well, just food for though, and also ,welcome to NICO, hope you enjoy it here and find us very informative, and its great to have another altima guy here

gibbo80

nlzmo400r wrote:of course we are, for one, we dont have as many members, so it allows us to get more personal and know people on more of a personal level.im a member of altimas.net as well (havent visited since god knows when), i have respect for everyone, until they show me they dont deserve it, i just happen to like NICO better, i can get questions answered quicker and with the right answers, not thousands of opinions instead of facts, and we have great moderators, if u notice, 99% of people on this site are well mannered and speak politely as well

I know bud!!!!, hes crazy but has a nice car. (even tho it cant even do a burnout). Altiman knows all the useless info about everything altima if you need to know something

nlzmo400r

i havent had the opportunity to meet bud, or any of the NICO members for that matter, i know one, personally , only because i made him sign up, but i will hopefully make it to this big national meet in planning and meet everyone

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”