94_240sx vert pics

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Dmafioso13
Car: 93 Fastback

car is lookin super clean! nice work!

Tron35

stop bringing cocaine into this country and using the money for ridiculous mods!

jk, your car is like mr. miagi and mine is the karate kid

:/

giantR32typeM
Car: 1993 nissan skyline R32 gts-t type M

needs an rb20det with 5spd swap

TekuDrifter18
Car: 240sx Type X

OMG DUDE your car is pure sex. I can't wait to get mine all done and repainted. the white looks showroom clean. Amazing purely amazing.

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

I connected fog lights directly to the battery and they turned out pretty good. I need to get a switch and hook them up.

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

yellow fogs FTW!!!

94_240sx

I've never liked 240 vert cardboard sun visors wrapped in thin cloth, so I had to do something about it.

BEFORE:

I found s15 visors, but unfortunately, they were not a direct swap. I pulled out mounting hardwares and found s13 mounting hardwares were thinner than s15's. I looked for a solution and used Sharpie as a sleeve. It fits perfect and size was perfect too.

Now, they bolt right up. s15 sun visors are covered in black vinyl and have top notch finish. Quality mirrors are on both sides with covers and they clear rear view mirror nicely too.

Warnings in Japanese...

Close ups...

If you run into s15 visors, buy them do this mod for sure. I'm extremely happy with them.
Modified by 94_240sx at 5:14 AM 7/31/2009

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

Have you replaced the whole a-piller set up? is that just covered? I want to buy all new peices for where my top locks in. Its all cracked and looks like balls.

94_240sx

s13beast wrote:Have you replaced the whole a-piller set up? is that just covered? I want to buy all new peices for where my top locks in. Its all cracked and looks like balls.
There's not much to go bad on A-pillars. Are you talking about headliner? If so, this is how I fixed it. I'd love to get new parts, but unfortunately, most of them are out of production.

zerothread?id=431185

askhao

wow. looks nice and clean!

BOOMSHAKALAKA

You did an awesome job with those sun visors.

94_240sx

BOOMSHAKALAKA wrote:You did an awesome job with those sun visors.
Welcome back, man. Do you still have the vert?

It's been 4 months since I updated this thread, but as usual, I've done some work on my car and will update later. Driver's side headlight motor went bad, so I'm going to junkyard tomorrow or Tue to get pull it out.

BOOMSHAKALAKA

Yeah, I still have it.

I have to check this thread out every now and then to remind myself that I need to be patient.

Looking forward to more updates.

TIMELSS_vert

again, small touches and great ingenuity make your car the most complete car on the board. Looking good man!

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

giantR32typeM wrote:needs an rb20det with 5spd swap
LOL yeah, right. Why put a motor that sucks so much balls in a baller vert.

lalo
Car: 1989 240sx and 1988 300zx turbo

the car is f***hot

94_240sx

I have some updates. It's just the small stuff I've been working on.

My in dash CD changer went bad and found out all the Pathfinder owners were having a same problem. Mine is from Sentra/Pathfinder. Replaced a gear and it worked perfect. Trust me. It was very hard to fix. I was just glad that I could keep this CD changer. I don't like aftermarket audios.

I picked up a used valve cover from junkyard at $5, sandblasted, spray painted it with high temp silver and installed. I think it looks like stock and clean.

One of the headlight motors went bad and I cracked arms by accident when I was trying to fix it. I ended up replacing both motors and arms from junkyard. It wasn't fun to work on them because space was very tight and adjusting angles was tough.

Installed fog light switch using existing harness on the car. It was plug and play. I did the write up and it's here. zerothread?id=468396

Last one. I just installed GT-1 spoiler. This could be the only one in the U.S. as of now. I've always thought OEM spoiler is a little small, so I decided to get this one. idk, some people might not like it, but I think it looks better than stock. Good thing is I didn't have to drill holes on the trunk lid, so I can remove it and go wingless if I want. I bought a brand new trunk lid and kept the original trunk and wing just in case.

It's fiberglass, but bodyshop did a great job removing wavy surface from top and bottom.

It's light and hollow inside, so trunk lid stays up like this.

This is how it's mounted. I just used two brackets because double sided tape and two brackets were more than enough.

Next project is DCC!!!

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

First let me start off by saying I love your car and 99.7% of all the mods you've done. Your car is why I'm keeping mine and not selling it; because one day I'll have more time and money and will start work on 99.7% of your mods. The digital dash is not one I'd do just because of the skill level. And to me the spoiler is a bit too big. but again, that's just me. I'm sure many on this board will love it.

What I always loved about your car is the near stock appearance. A closer look uncovers all the work you've done but from a distance one might think, "man, that's one hot 240sx!"

So, kudos for continuing to raise the bar, just not my cup of tea. and what is DCC for us novices?

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

it looks awesome! The only thing is, I feel like there needs to be something on the bumper that compliments the spoiler. Kind of like how those valances complimented the stock spoiler. Bigger spoiler, bigger something on the bumper, I think haha.

And I know exactly how you feel about aftermarket radios. They look like spaceship parts. If you want to go for a change, check out the 07' Subie Sti radio. Its a 6-disc changer with an auxillary mp3 wire, although that wire is hard to source. Thats what I have set up in mine, it works awesome and looks oem:

94_240sx

Thanks for the compliment.
cmkelly wrote:The digital dash is not one I'd do just because of the skill level.

It's 100% plug and play. You'd be surprised how easy it is. I didn't have any skills either, but I visited junkyards, tore some 240s apart, and that's how I learned stuff.
cmkelly wrote:And to me the spoiler is a bit too big. but again, that's just me. I'm sure many on this board will love it.
I knew someone was going to say it. Actually, I agree with you 100%. I wish it's like an inch lower. I did a lot of research, and that's the best one I could come up with. Like I said, it's removable leaving no holes, so I could go wingless or add lip spoiler if I want. I kept original trunk lid and spoiler, so I can go back to stock setup easily. I wasn't so sure about it, but skilviavert and sci2000 inspired me big time.
cmkelly wrote:and what is DCC for us novices?
It's a Digital Climate Control.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

I think a cf lip spoiler would look right at home on your car

ghost_22_47
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Covertible with RB26dett

2004 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Wow that looks so clean, any updates?

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

I like the wing a lot. I wanted to put the jdm oem Kouki wing from my wrecked s14 but it didn't fit right so I just sold it. I think the squareness of the wing compliments the car.

EnjoiNismo
Car: 93 240sx

I think im in love with this car.

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

I like the spoiler. It might be a tad big, but it looks good.

That radio project looks like it sucked. I don't have the patience for that mostly because my fingers don't do really small pieces well... Big fingers + CTS.

$5 for a valvecover?! I need a junkyard like that. The one I have been going to for the last few years just raised all their prices again and it's getting to not be worth the 2hr drive.

An inspiration as always.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

DeXteR wrote:$5 for a valvecover?! I need a junkyard like that. The one I have been going to for the last few years just raised all their prices again and it's getting to not be worth the 2hr drive.
I've been lucky and got a couple valve covers for free lately. Just have to have motivation to clean/polish/paint one.

Do have to change my valve cover gaskets this weekend (oil in spark plug holes).

tr4c3
Car: 94 240sx Vert

Honestly not digging that spoiler at all but the rest of the car is perfect. White verts ftw.

94_240sx

I've been busy with work and family, so I haven't posted much recently. As usual, thanks for the compliments. Of course, I've been working on my car, but nothing major though. Here's the update.

A friend of mine gave me this Pivot sleepy eye controller for free, so I decided to install it. This is what I did. I disassembled both OD indicator, Pivot controller and put them together like this. Good thing I didn't throw away OD indicator after I did 5 speed swap.

It fits perfectly.

Final product came out like OEM switch.

Installation was super easy, and I can control popup angles from 0% to 100% by turning the knob.

I removed the GT-1 spoiler just to see how it looks like. I know some people will say clean and others will say too plain...etc. Well, IMO, it looks good from the side, but it looks weird from other angles.

I bought a pair of 180sx kouki seats and a local shop was kind enough to give me 2 pairs even though I only paid for one pair. I brought them home, disassembled, put together a pair with clean parts, kept a clean pair and returned the other. Yeah, owner was so nice that he allowed me to do that. It was interesting to see how the seat was built and covered.

Installed.

A couple of weeks ago, this box arrived from Japan.

Sourced a clean 180sx kouki rear seats. Too bad logos are not on the back seat.

Bottom cushions were very close to vert one. Maybe 2-3 inches difference.

Top sections are totally different. I'll take them to the upholstery shop and see if they can recover vert seats with 180sx fabric later.

Last one is a front lip spoiler. I'll create a write up for this later in 240 gen. This is a clear wall corner guard frm Home Depot. It's about $9.

I cut it to fit on curved surface like this.

I bought some sticker sheet from a sign shop and wraped it. They didn't have flat black color, so I had to use gloss finish sheet.

Installed... This is wall guard is very strong material. If you scrape it, all you need to do is just remove the sticker sheet and re-wrap it. Sticker sheet was cheap. I paid 14 square feet for $8.

Anyway, not much going on here. :gapteeth:

94_240sx

Volume knob on my radio was not working, so I had to do this over the weekend to fix. Volume wouldn't change when I turned the knob. Actually, my original radio had exact same problem, so I replaced it, but new one is doing the same thing again. I should have done this earlier.

Just put a drop of WD-40 through these holes, and it's working perfectly now.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Nice on the pivot controller.

I picked up a blank insert to replace my O/D Off light, hopefully I'll get a chance to throw that in this weekend (hoping to do it without taking the dash apart).

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”