89 240sx suspension recommendations?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
nolefturns

I'm thinking of replacing my shocks/struts and spring performance/lowering. I like to do some performance tuning on my suspension. What's the best combo for a '89 240sx?

shocks/struts:Price? Performance? Reliability? Handling? etc...Tokico? Kyb? etc...

spring performance/lowering:How much lowered? What's the best lowered? Advantages/disadvantages? Reliability? Handling? etc...Eibach? HKS? Sprint? etc...

hotshot240sx
Car: my 240sx

i would suggest suspension techniques...thats what i have and they work great..i can out handle most cars, but any other would do..after all, its a 240sx, they're made naturally to handle...

Drift Machine
Car: 1991 KA-T 240sx

I have KYB AGXs and Eibach Sportlines, they are pretty good. the only complaint i have is that i wish the car was just a little bit lower. other then that they are excellent and highly recommend. good deal for the price.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

I'm gonna go with K on this one, we just discussed this(even earlier than that link from K) in depth over even what versions of tein/aepx-i coil overs fit who...

myself? I'll be buying a set of apex-i N-1's for 1600 dollars(a bit expensive, but I like thier tunability, and being ble to get them revalved etc is nice)

anyways, K's right, the opinion seems to be TEin, Apex-i, ground controll(which isnt EVEN in the same class)

I would put JIC in after apex-i...but thats just my 2 cents.-chet

I_eat_hondas
Car: my car and my new baby boy Caleb

has anyone installed sprint springs, they are a big drop for a low price, which probably means they're **** but let me know anyway

91nis240

sprint springs, nice drop from springs but not stiff enough, well not to my taste, will do good to those who like to stay as close to stock ride feel. they are qualtiy though

midnightshadow
Car: cars, snowboarding, mt biking

just browsing around and thought i'd add a bit to the sprint springs. if anyone does decide on sprint...look at whiteline springs. basically the same drop, theyare nice and stiff, and less money. dunno where else to get em xcept from http://www.pdm-racing.com . also whiteline sway bars. better than suspension techniques and less money aswell, through Don at PDM. if u want to really drop ur car though, do not go with sprint or whiteline. it ends up with a nice stance and awesome handling. but only about an inch or so lower. another idea to think about.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”