4 months of ownership. Or How is your Rogue doing??

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

We have had our Rogue for 4 months now and I thought I would share our experience. Still no rattles to speak off, although in warm weather the rear hatch sometimes squeaks?? The only rattle comes from where the seatbelt attaches to the adjustable anchor. Stuffed some Kleenex in there and it seems fine now.Still getting excellent mileage and we love the quitness of the vehicle. We are off on a vacation to Vancouver so we will be putting on at least 3000km on the trip.( have 5600 onit now)Interior is holding up well( leather) with the exception of a soft spot on the driver seat which now looks wrinkled( will be replaced)I am also in the process of applying Hushmat to the hatch area and eventually will do the doors and whatever else I can do. The hatch area seems abit more solid when going over bumps.

On the downside yes, I am dissappointed in both the doorsill issue and now the CVT issue. I have owned Nissans before and never experienced any of these issues. Considering I came form a Mitsubishi Outlander which had supsension issues I would have hoped the Rogue would not have had these issue. We also drove the new Outlander and although larger the interior was just not up to par compared to the Rogue. Would I buy it again, yes!!

Paul

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Hey Paul, it's good to hear from my Alberta buddy again! To add my two cents, I've had my FWD SL for 2.5 months and am still very happy. Last night my father-in-law had a loaner Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (around $45K new) and compared to my $28,000 Rogue, it was a complete pile of crap!! The interior was absolute cheap garbage, terrible ergonomics and visibility, very large exterior with relatively little useable interior space (wheel wells intrude on the interior, bad design), the cargo area was surprisingly small for a vehicle that size, and the performance of the big 3.7L V6 was horrendous, probably because the vehile weighed a ton.

Anyway, my point is that this reinforced what an awesome vehicle the Rogue is, especially for the price ($17,000 less than the Jeep). I think I hear the same squeek from the rear hatch sometimes, and it appears to have plastic latch components which I hope will have long term durability but I'll have to wait and see. The door sill issue is very minor to me, if it's caught early and you install clear film like I did - it took about 1 hour to do all the sills and it cost 25 bucks - might have to re-do every few years. I love the interior and the seats, it looks so much better after sitting in crappy vehicles like Jeep/Dodge models. The efficiency is what I really like, and the control that the CVT gives me in this regard, and of course really good performance if I want to step it down - passing on the highway is great and I have felt really safe and in control. The issue with the AWD tranny sucks, but mine is FWD so I can't complain but I'm still upset on behalf of all those with the AWD. Overall, I'm really pleased and would definately make the same purchase again. I've noticed that the competing RAV4 is getting poor reviews and the CRV (my close 2nd) looks so much like a grandpa car. There are some other good competitors like the Hyundai Santa Fe, which is a hell of an awesome vehicle for a really good price, but it's still more than the Rogue and gets significantly less fuel mileage, but for the larger size it's not bad and I'd recommend it as well. But you gotta love the Rogue!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

FWD SL almost 9 months and not one problem, knock wood. I did install the film on the door seal more for peace of mind than any significant paint erosion. Happy with the performance and fuel economy 23-24 mixed and 28 highway at 75+. Interior holding up well...no scratches.

It will be interesting to follow the AWD CVT noise issue, at least at this point it is just noise and I know of no one who has actually been left stranded by a broken tranny. Of course long term the noise could lead to a breakdown I guess.

mlmcgahee
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s

2008 Rogue SL FWD base model. 7 months and 16000 miles with no problems at all. I have my oil changed at Jiffy Lube every 3000 miles with Castrol GTX 10W-30. I work out of my Rogue and drive 300-400 miles a week getting 24 - 26 mpg. I am a happy camper....

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

I bought my in January and drove to Oregon High way 101, mileage was good and driving was fun. no complaint so far. Noise from the tranny when from start and slow driving like some said in 20 km. Noise is not that loud, for a second or two. What I understand that the cvt is changing the gear ratio, so not a big problem for me. Happy with my Rogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”