3 Things i Everyone Would Like To See Next......?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
Jus14
Car: 97' S14 and 08 Versa

Can i get a imput on what everyone would like to see in production next?

I Myself Want One of these..

1.Supercharger2.Clutch & Flywheel Setup3.Head Parts..Cam Valves ,Ya Know Want more ReVVVV LOL

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

a Renault ECU that will boost HP to 195.

manvan
Car: versa hatch

clutchsuperchargermore suspension stuff

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

alonsorules8 wrote:a Renault ECU that will boost HP to 195.
is there a reliable source to back this up?

Ginsu
Car: White 2009 Versa SL Hatchback

Hard drive for music, even just 10 gigs.

Choice between at least two kinds of sporty rims.

Tires that aren't Conti's.

Those turn signals on the body panel (or at least on the side mirrors) like some of the Tiidas in Europe.

A rear view mirror with a digital thermometer.

More air vents to the back seats.

Option on a dual moonroof (backseat).

In-dash slushi machine.

Money in the glove compartment.

The car asks you how your day is going.

Option on a Diesel engine.

American options available in Canada (TPMS and Intelligent Key).

More paint options. (Irredescents)

All-wheel drive option.

CVT that can be artificially manipulated by paddle shifters as well as by the gear selecter (automatic, not a six speed stick wrapped in loose leather) that you nudge forward and backward slightly to simulate switching gears.

More horsepower.

Wood grain on the dash.

... did I miss anything?

sKyWaLkeR512
Car: 2007 Versa SL

You really got that one covered. Cost me 2g's at the stealership for my slushi machine.....

.........LoL

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

Here are some I think:

more HP possibly 125-135 HP 2.0L engineGreen and Orange exterior colorsDifferent styles of shift knobsBetter trim interior styles, carbon fiber, brushed nickelSide mirrors with turn signalsABS standard on SL'sSelection of rims, stock and sportyLED tail lightsB-pillar appliques (got that from Scion)Sport pedalsRemote engine startIlluminated kick platesAll-Season cargo matVSC (vehicle stability control)Seats should fold flat like Magic Seat configuration on Honda Fit

lovesaga

Jus14 wrote:Can i get a imput on what everyone would like to see in production next?

I Myself Want One of these..

1.Supercharger2.Clutch & Flywheel Setup3.Head Parts..Cam Valves ,Ya Know Want more ReVVVV LOL
1. Turbo Kit that is reliable, credible, and made specifically for Versa2. LOVE a clutch and Flywheel setup 3. Under drive pulley kit

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

Why didn't you all just buy sentras?

Seriously? The Sentra platform is WAY more suited for power than the Versa is.

I wouldn't put any real power in a Versa until a cage was put in it.

alonsorules8
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa Sl,HB

Sentientbydesign with the Versa based off the Renault Clio's we would like the HP that our sister car can achieve. Like honing the block to 2.0L and getting the Renault ECU that maps the engine to perform at high performance levels like the Clio 197 or even the Clio cup cars designed by Renaultsport.

That is why I can't what for Renault to return to the states and blow the doors off it competition,or share some of the performance parts with Nissan if they don't return here State side.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

1. clutch/flywheel2. lower lowering springs3. affordable intake manifold4. cam gears5. light weight pulleys6. tested and proven header7. mild front brake upgrade (something that doesnt cost $1600), and with that front to rear brake conversion.8. supercharger (low pressure, good for 25hp)9. rear strut bar10. short throw shifter11. a very mild body kit (something better than stock, but not fast and furious)

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

I'll have to do some research to be sure, but I have a very strong feeling that the Renault engine probably has different internals.

Kind of like the ubiquitous VQ35DE that powered everything from the 3.5L Altima to the 350Z to the Murano...etc. The G35 and 350Z had different internals and a different tune for max performance. Whereas the Maxima, Murano, and Altima had lower tuned engines and different interals.

Not trying to discourage you guys, just trying to bring some clarity to the situation.

Rockhound
Car: 2007 Versa 1.8 SL HB CVT / 2008 Mazda3 GT

1. Fuel mileage/trip computer.Intelligent Key and no mileage readout? I mean, come on, it's 2009 - is it really that costly to stick the equivalent of a scanguage in the dash?

2. Leather option.Why not? Give us a tarted up, overpriced 'luxury' version. It already has (most of) the tech.

3. Xenons.See #2.

silverarrow27

HID headlights is all I'm asking for. Maybe a supercharger or small turbocharger would be nice for that extra umph when needed going up big hills.

manvan

i wanna add some more

front carbon fiber lip like civics gotheaders (thanx for the reminder blindsniper)automatic hatch raiser(cuz im that lazy)

mightyversa
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8S Hatchback

Engine Rebuild Kit (Consisting of Forged internals and high performance parts)

Turbo Kit (Consisting of Turbo Manifold and all necessary parts and even the turbo)

Wide Body Kit

Maybe some BHM's.....you know the type used in James Bond Flicks...Behind the HEadlight Missiles.

JGT5
Car: 2008 Magnetic Gray Versa SL HB CVT/2002 Gold Rush Xterra XE-V6

1. Standard wheels of at least 16 inch diameter2. Tiida front facia and grille3. Tiida electronic climate control switches

(Am I the only one that is happy with my Versa's power?)

daan
Car: 08 S base

seat heatersblock heatersunroof Ipod connectionall of which you DON'T have to get the SL version to get.

Rockhound

JGT5 wrote:(Am I the only one that is happy with my Versa's power?)
Nope, you can count me in as someone who's wholly satisfied with the Versa's drivetrain. I knew going into the purchase what (and what not) to expect, and I think that the 122 hp is more than adequate. The CVT also makes the engine seem fairly torquey, which is nice for a 1.8L.

TrustME
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S
1994 Nissan Sentra

JGT5 wrote:(Am I the only one that is happy with my Versa's power?)
I'm fine with it as well.

Turbo/Supercharging kits seem unrealistic for this car. Dont get me wrong though, for the people that would like things like that, hopefully it gets done. It just doesn't seem to look that way, thats all. I do like some of the suggestions though.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

JGT5 wrote:1. Standard wheels of at least 16 inch diameter2. Tiida front facia and grille3. Tiida electronic climate control switches(Am I the only one that is happy with my Versa's power?)
Same. I wasn't expecting a pocket rocket. It's a 3000lb hatchback whose main function is to provide high space/capacity in its class with decent economy.
Rockhound wrote:1. Fuel mileage/trip computer.Intelligent Key and no mileage readout? I mean, come on, it's 2009 - is it really that costly to stick the equivalent of a scanguage in the dash?

2. Leather option.Why not? Give us a tarted up, overpriced 'luxury' version. It already has (most of) the tech.

3. Xenons.See #2.

Agreed.

manvan

seat heat
daan wrote:block heatersunroof Ipod connectionall of which you DON'T have to get the SL version to get.
seat heater would be great, ive been stealing my moms minivan and benzo cuz they keep my butt nice and toasty

Ginsu
Car: White 2009 Versa SL Hatchback

shouldn't you change your screen name to momsvan?

justmerging
Car: 07 Versa SL w/CVT Cuz I'm lazy

Many of the things you guys are asking for are available in the aftermartket (with the performance parts being the exception).

Katzkin already makes a seating kit (currently putting mine in)The mirror is easily changed with one with a digital readout(you just need to be handy with wiring)Seat heaters are also available

among many other things, which, when installed properly look like they came from the factory.

I personally would like to see some swaybars, maybe a modest supercharger and a mild brake upgrade (rear discs come to mind).

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

That's probably my only gripe with my V is the rear drums.I hate drums when it comes time to change them. Rotor/pads are so much easier than drum/shoes.

Red Devil

You also have to keep in mind that half of these things were left out to make it an affordable, entry level car.

manvan

Ginsu wrote:shouldn't you change your screen name to momsvan?
lmao, i wish i had her van, all wheel drive 2007 toyota, that thing halls ***. but i guess im happy with my little versa van

Rockhound

justmerging wrote:Many of the things you guys are asking for are available in the aftermartket (with the performance parts being the exception)...among many other things, which, when installed properly look like they came from the factory.
True, but some things I'd prefer to be factory installed, for various reasons.
Red Devil wrote:You also have to keep in mind that half of these things were left out to make it an affordable, entry level car.
Yes, but other similar-sized cars like the Mazda3 are offered in a drastic range of trims, and can be had with many of the mentioned niceties (xenons, heated leather, trip computer, auto climate, rain-sensing wipers). That's why I bought the 3 over another Versa for myself (which I had considered). Sure, it costs more than the loaded Versa SL, but it came with goodies that many cars listing at $10k more don't have.

As people transition to smaller cars, many folks will want a compact loaded with options. The Versa has some impressive features, but I think Nissan could sell an even higher-level trim to compete with the 3 GT. Then they could probably just kill the Sentra, as it hasn't really been competitive since the B13. The Versa isn't as sporty as the Fit or 3, but it also has a pretty smooth and quiet ride - the whole 'luxury' thing fits it pretty well, it would seem.

Red Devil

Rockhound wrote:Yes, but other similar-sized cars like the Mazda3 are offered in a drastic range of trims, and can be had with many of the mentioned niceties (xenons, heated leather, trip computer, auto climate, rain-sensing wipers). That's why I bought the 3 over another Versa for myself (which I had considered). Sure, it costs more than the loaded Versa SL, but it came with goodies that many cars listing at $10k more don't have.
The Mazda 3 also isn't in the same segment. It's more of a Sentra competitor. The upcoming Mazda 2 would be a better comparison.

manvan

Red Devil wrote:
The Mazda 3 also isn't in the same segment. It's more of a Sentra competitor. The upcoming Mazda 2 would be a better comparison.
mazda 3 sucks so bad. my good friend has one and not only is it uncomfortable, the MT sucks on it plus its slow as balls, i beat him by a fair amount when we raced

Return to “Versa General Chat”