2nd Gear grinds

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Gaelen

I don't know waht is wrong but if I shift into second gear before I let the revs drop to about 1500-2000 rpm then the gear grinds when I shift. I would reallyt like to know what's wrong, I am hopefully picking up my service manual today but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Gaelen

trpower7

It's all about the synchros. Change your tranny fluid to Redline MTL, it will help a fair amount, aside from that you just need to deal with it. We all deal with it. Just keep going until the thing finally goes (which should be a fairly long time).

Gaelen

so all i need to do is change the transmission fluid and it should help at least a bit??I don't remeber this happeneing before when I bought the car about 4 months ago

Good240
Car: Cars, Music, Movies

I'm swapping my transmission sometime next month and just wanted to know what people are experiencing. I've always heard everywhere that the 240SX(and all other RWD Nissans since 1986) Has an awesome transmission. My syncroes are going bad in mine probably due to lack of fluid changes. Should I expect a long smooth life with no syncro problems if I replace the tranny with a low mileage(Under 60K) and change the oil frequently and stay away from such habits as powershifting and multi-gear burn-outs?

Good240
Car: Cars, Music, Movies

Not that I have those habits... I've just heard they aren't conducive to a healthy transmission.

Gaelen

how often should I change my tranny fluid??

trpower7

If you want to be as safe as possible I'd do it once a year, that should be more often than teh manufacturer says to but your transmission should thank you for it. Our trannies aren't necessarily faulty, just annoying sometimes.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”