240SX Starter Tips

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
TNH Prez
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Stirppers

My g/f has a 1996 240SX. Auto, all stock. What are some good performance upgrades to give the car some more power. I wanna start out with some basics... I/H/E.

Also, what kinda of oil does that thing take?

91nis240

Yeh i/h/e is a great to get started. For your intake look at injen or hotshot. For the header stick with hotshot. and for the exhaust there are many different routes you can take with that, i went with a apex'i N1 muffler on custom piping. (just a thought)

But anyway she should use a 10w30 grade for her motor oil. I recommend useing mobil 1 sythetic 10w30. And if you guys change the oil your selves it take some where between 3.75 to 4 quarts of oil.

My 2 cents!

TNH Prez
Car: Cars, Motorcycles, Stirppers

Ah thanks alot.

I use Castrol Syntec in the T/A. I tried mobil 1 but it was too thin.How about the noise from the apex'i? My brother has that on his Si and its nice. Is it loud or pretty reasonable? I dont mind the noise seeing as how I have a domestic V8...but she might get annoyed with it after while.

91nis240

Uhh my noise level on my apex'i is not LOUD LOUD but id say a little more decible than your freind civic. But thats b/c i went with the custom made piping, i have no resonater. You can buy the whole exhaust from apex, but will cost you more and i think not quite as much a performance gain (slight difference). But your gf may not be all that into the HP aspect, all personal preference i guess my man.

my 2 cents!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”