240sx Ls1 conversion

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
wajouba
Car: Hyundai Tiburon Supercharged

Ok, I just bought an LS1 and a 240sx for the LSX project, mine is auto for now anyhow... we don't have the GTO here in lebanon, what other Oil pan should I use? which corvette had the same oil pan?! I also heard the Trail Blazer one would fit... any of that true?!

wajouba

Can anyone help me with Part numbers?

GTO oil pan part Number???Corvette oil pan part Number???Trail Blazer Oil pan, if it does the Job...

Any close pics of the steering rack and how does the engine clear from it... thanks to everyone who could point me to something...

Picolini
Car: 89 240SX FB DEAD, 92 Beretta GT DEAD, 91 Camaro RS DEAD... carless!

Can't you order one on line? I'm sure something like eBay would have one for pretty cheap.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Pretty sure the Corvette pan will NOT work. Not sure about the Trailblazer. Your best bet is to track down a GTO one, but make sure you get the windage tray and more importantly, the oil pickup with it.

Pan # - 12581209

Pickup and Windage TrayFound you a place that is selling the pickup and windage tray. No clue if they are willing to ship to you, but it's worth a shot.

Phone: 1-440-236-5031Site: http://www.clevelandpickapart.com/E-mail: [email protected]

Be sure to put the 2004 GTO Oil pickup and windage tray in the subject. Wouldn't hurt to ask if they have a pan also.

Pan in Cali:AAA Auto Parts USA-CA(Sun-Valley) Phone: 1-800-736-3727E-mail: [email protected]

wajouba

I just found something out... in Saudi Arabia we have the Lumina ss which is the Holden Commodore In Australia... same Chassis, not like the Lumina in the U.S, plllllllleasee tell me it has the Front sump Oil pan...!!!

and by the way, will the filter be relocated to the front of the oil pan when I do the swap of oil pans...? cause If im not mistaken the oil filter won't fit if its still gonna be in the back...!!! clear this point out for me... thanks!

My engine from 99 wrecked Camaro...

Joe

yes with a GTO pan it moves to the front drivers side of the engine.

wajouba

thank god the Lumina SS turned out to be a front oil pan... just like the GTO, and its for 100$ in the junkyard... so to all who are in the middle east and are willing to do this swap.. go for the lumina Oil pan...

wajouba

Guys my projcect is gonna have an Auto trans in the begining... how big is it compared to the T56? M30 vs T56... thanks

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

I have an LS6 with an automatic trans (TH350 my choice) but you will end up with a 4L60e. Its shorter then the T56, with little modification to the stock tranny crossmember it should bolt up nice.

Oil Pans ebay it if you have to you need a GTO or Holdon pan and pickup, the trailblazer pan will work too, its not the same, you may need to notch the lip.

wajouba

does the 2004 Chevrolet Silverado with the 5.3 litre V8 work? and is it exactly the same as the GTO oil pan? because I measured my fittments based on a GTO oil pan... so Im worried it will be different... any feedback? thanks...

Joe

the silverados have iron block engines.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Yeah but the iron block LQ is the same as the LS.

Stay automatic and use a stall convertor. Manuals are for drifting losers...

Joe

WDRacing wrote:Yeah but the iron block LQ is the same as the LS.

Stay automatic and use a stall convertor. Manuals are for drifting losers...
or men who like to be able to have full control of their car

and yes the iron block is "the same" but iron. iron = heavy.

wajouba

The pan is 8 and 5/8 inches deep at the rear of the pan - the deepest part. The sump runs 8 and 3/4 inches from the rear of the pan forward. The pan begins to drop down for the sump portion about 11 1/2 to 12 inches back from the front of the pan. If you are putting this into a Nissan then from what I have seen, the guys here in AZ are using the F-body/Camaro pan.

This was the description of the seller... Camaro Pan on a 240sx is a NO NO... its a Rear Sump...

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The LQ is 75lbs heavier...

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

wajouba wrote:The pan is 8 and 5/8 inches deep at the rear of the pan - the deepest part. The sump runs 8 and 3/4 inches from the rear of the pan forward. The pan begins to drop down for the sump portion about 11 1/2 to 12 inches back from the front of the pan. If you are putting this into a Nissan then from what I have seen, the guys here in AZ are using the F-body/Camaro pan.

This was the description of the seller... Camaro Pan on a 240sx is a NO NO... its a Rear Sump...
Not with the stock rack and pinion they arent, unless they are notching the oil pans like the guy from LS1tech.com The rear sump pans (F-Body, C5, C6, trucks, vans) sits right dead center of the steering

wajouba

Ok... i was looking at my LS1's oil pan... how would it be getting the Oil through the filter and into the block from those 2 paths on top of the pan If i actually change the Oil pan to a GTO pan... since the GTO's Filter comes upfront... ?!?!?!?

OutToWinPAHC

GTP pan and pick up is all that is needed, I have one on my LS

wajouba

ok sorry my description was so ****ty... let me repeat maybe i can make it clearer...

The Camaro Oil Pan, has the oil filter placed in the rear, and when u take the oil pan out, u see 2 wholes over the Oil Filter... If we get the GTO oil pan, won't those 2 wholes be open? I mean because the Filter is now up front and it feeds from another place now... Cause the Camaro has its filter from the rear and the GTO has it up front... any pictures of a disconnected GTO Oil pan... thanks

Joe

the holes are on the pan, not the block. they go with the camaro pan and are plugged on the GTO pan.

the only thing you need to plug is the old dipstick hole because the GTO's dipstick is integrated into the pan.

wajouba

guy i took my oil pan out... and I left the engine without an oil pan... is that safe? I mean just spraying engine with oil and makin sure nothing went in is the only thing i need to do after I find an Oil pan right? would this harm the engine in anyway...? cause I was a little worried...

Joe

dont leave the internals exposed. put the pan back on or cover it with something.

wajouba

what would happen to it? u mean small particles may come inside... and cause tear or something.. what exactly would ruin it.?

Joe

anything that gets into the crankcase can cause damage. its not a guarantee but its not worth the risk. just cover it.

wajouba

I have an auto LS1, if i get a manual tranmission what should I do with the ECU? or what do I need to do in general? cause a friend with an LT1 changed to manual when he had an Auto and the car started stutering... so? any help would be great...

btw, wheres the cooler located for the Auto tranny? is it inside the Radiotar like BMW's or is it an external one?!

wajouba

ok, another thing is... can a KA24 gearbox mount to an LS1 if we make a custom Bellhousing? cause I can easily make a Custom bellhousing in lebanon for cheap... and I will leave that on untill i can actually get a T-56 when I go to Saudi Arabia...

Any input? on why it will or it will not work...?!

wajouba

Bumby Dumby... lol anyone?

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

If you want to use a KA tranny, go for it, but it would be a huge waste of time, money, and energy.

If you decided to run an auto tranny, just run an external cooler.

And, just find a manual ECU or go standalone. The simplest solution is usually the best. If it costs a little more, just figure out a way to swing it. You'll thank yourself later.

wajouba

The thing is... i will put a T56... but later... cause t56's are unavailable in Lebanon... so i can't get it here... i have to wait till i go to Saudi Arabia... but for now... i have to go with something small that will actually fit... cause with the automatic i will have to cut from the tunnel not only hammer it... so its better to go with the Ka24 gearbox untill now... and then just install the T56...

But for now... how much can the KA24 gearbox handle? and what is its name?

thanks

OutToWinPAHC

Dude your gonna have to mill your own crank adapter and make a bellhousing to fit the Chevy block.

Just save up and get the trans you want.

As far as the ECU you can send it out and get it flashed to you specs aka no auto

Return to “Hybrids”