2014-16 SL Wheels

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
nezoid
Car: 2015 SL AWD w/premium

I just have to ask, has anyone else noticed on the stock SL wheels are all the same? So they look different on each side of the vehicle. I wish I didn't notice because now it bothers me. Just wanted to share.

With the pictures below, it looks as the passenger side is rotating the wrong way when moving forward.
Example:
Driver Side

Passenger Side

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Awesome mate, I thought i was the only one who was bothered by it lol

Rogue203
Car: 2016 rogue sl

Oh man just noticed this hahah wow I wonder why they did that

kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Just finished washing mine and noticed the wheels on my 2015 SL AWD are the same as the pictures posted here! Side note, I will never again wash my car with a heat index of 102 F.

Ken

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

nissan either cut costs, and didnt want to mass produce the opposite side, and just mounting the same "right" (or left) wheel on all side. ridiculous.

your cars have 2 left feet lol

sprocket

A lot of the players in the auto industry does this.

You get a bit more styling than your basic spoke wheel. Sure they look different when viewed from either side but you won't be restricted when it comes to tire rotation, or of you need to replace a damaged rim (especially if buying used).

So just the way the industry is. Not everyone wants to pay more for rims or deal with restrictions in rotating tires.

K03sport
Car: 04 Pathfinder. My first Nissan was a '72 Datsun 510 Wagon.

yep, just one wheel to make, not two...plus, on cars that have opposite directional wheels, it looks ridiculous when a R and L wheel are mounted on the same side. I think I saw an older Prelude with this and it looks even worse than the possible swept forward or swept back wheel.

Some BMW wheels do this, and some Honda wheels do it too, and just about every other car that has a swept spoke in the wheel design. One side looks good, the other side looks less good.

If you decide to upgrade, just get wheels with straight spokes...problem solved.

R.T.
Car: 2016, Rogue SV, Brilliant Silver

Wow,

That would bother me too. I would try to ignore it but I would probably break down and replace them with something more symmetrical. I really like the wheels on the SV.

Return to “Rogue Forum”