2010 Rogue and the passenger air bag light came on

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
stevenk
Car: 2010 nissan roque

Has anyone had the passenger air bag light come on. My wife was sitting in the passenger seat and the light came on she weighs about 115 i thought it was suppose come on for a child. Does anyone know if there is a recall on this item?

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

welcome to the forum. might be a seat sensor just being wacky. happens all the time. it happened to my 08 once, and never again.

stevenk

is it easy to change?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

stevenk wrote:is it easy to change?
i wouldnt even try. just give it a chance to reset. sometimes temps play a roll. really cold temps are know to trick them. if it becomes a constant, then i would.

stevenk

We live in the southern starts so it still warm here so I don't think it a temp issue. although it is cooler then it's been. I'll give it a little more time to reset. thanks for your help! if you here anything else let me know
thanks again

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

sounds good. i believe removing the seat is necessary for the sensor install.

stevenk

I was thinking that as well

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

I don't think this will help you, but in extreme cold temperatures the passenger airbag sensor in my Rogue is illuminated. I recall other people here stating they experience the same thing. I assume it has something to do with the seats freezing/hardening. When I asked the dealer they mentioned the issue is that if it stays illuminated for a long period of time (day or two).

Have you thought of going through Nissan to have this looked at rather than solving it yourself? There seem to be some cautions in the service manual:

Never disassemble seat cushion trim and pad from seat frame assembly of passenger seat. Always
replace as an assembly. (With occupant classification system control unit model)

This is the part I assume you are looking to remove in order to replace the sensor. This recall seems to support that the entire seat cushion may need to be replaced:

Description of Recall:
NISSAN IS RECALLING 204,361 MY 2007-2008 ALTIMA, ALTIMA HYBRID, 350Z, 350Z ROADSTER, MY 2008 ALTIMA COUPE, ROGUE, MY 2009 MURANO, AND INFINITI MY 2007-2008 G35 SEDAN, MY 2008 G37 COUPE AND EX35 PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH CONTINENTAL AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS' OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (OCS) CONTROL UNITS. A VARISTOR IN THE OCS CONTROL UNIT LOCATED IN THE PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION MAY HAVE BEEN MANUFACTURED OUT OF SPECIFICATION. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, THIS COULD CAUSE AN INTERRUPTION OF SIGNAL BETWEEN THE OCS AND THE AIR BAG CONTROL UNIT (ACU).

Action Needed To Fix It:
DEALERS WILL TEST THE SIGNAL BETWEEN THE OCS AND ACU SYSTEMS USING A SPECIAL TOOL TO CHECK THAT IT IS FUNCTIONING AS DESIGNED. IF NECESSARY, THE SEAT CUSHION (CONTAINING OCS HARDWARE) WILL BE REPLACED WITH A NEW ONE MANUFACTURED TO SPECIFICATION. THE RECALL BEGAN ON NOVEMBER 4, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.

stevenk

thanks for this it sound like a extension to the problem with the 08. I will be contacting Nissan to see if they have extended the recall to 2010 models, we let you know how things go

stevenk

well I called Nissan they said they don't have a problem with the 2010 Rogue's because no one has complained. If there is anyone out there having this issue or had repaired the passenger seat air bag light please call the 800 number above and complain. This was the only way the 2008 problem was resolved.
thanks

readytoscream
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Yeah, again (i just posted in the original complaint) but I have been to 2 different shops and have talked to a supervisor (or so I"m told) in the NIssan Corp. office. I was told that my 09 is not involved in recall and there is nothing anyone can do. They have not been helpful at all and I'm very disgusted right now

stevenk

i know what you mean I to was very disgusted with the way they are handling it. I went to the Nissan Dealer and they quoted me the price of 1200.00 to repair this. So I called Nissan back because it's crazy to think that this is not the same thing as the other years recall. They told me to pay it and to keep the receipt an they would reimbursed me if a recall should come. Well need i say I'm not going to buy a $1200 part to tun off the light and just wait around for Nissan to pay me back.

sdennisf
Car: 2008 rogue

My 2009 had the same issue. I had it towed to the dealer and they quoted me $2100 to repair! They have to replace the seat cushion to fix the sensor embedded in the seat. I contacted Nissan USA in Tennessee and they gave me a case number. It took almost 2 weeks but they agreed to supply the part at 50% off and the labor at a reduced rate for a final cost of $1060. I agreed as even a used seat cushion is around $400 and I would have to find someone to install it.

stevenk

Well its been on (the light) for a while now come to find out that Nissan has had trouble in the past as they had recalls on 2008 to 2010 and also i believe in the 2012, I've contacted Nissan to see if they have recalled the 2010 model and they told me that they don't have a problem with the 2010 model that i do.... nice right. well they went on to tell me that to get it fixed and to keep the receipt and they would reimburse me if they should ever recall for this problem, I when to dealer to see how much it would cost to replace this sensor they they said around $1200.00 because the seat would have to be replaced, so i believe i can live with the light on for now.

Return to “Rogue Forum”