2010 NICOFEST Carlisle: OFFICIAL NICOFEST CARLISLE INFO AND

Read about NICOclub events of the past.
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Welcome to the 4th Annual NICOfest autocross/drift registration thread at the Carlisle Performance and Style Show! May 8-9 (Sat-Sun) at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

If you're interested in autocrossing your own car on a wickedlyfun autocross course, or displaying your drifting skills without any fear of getting arrested, this is the place to sign up.

We're talking unlimited runs over two days. Any make car is welcome. There are no special modifications required for most cars, no special skills required from you. And the best part is it's FREE with your paid admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show if you register here.

For those of you who are new to this event, Cars at Carlisle is nationally recognized for their excellent car shows. Three years ago, we brought NICOFEST to the Carlisle Performance & Style show, and the nice folks at Carlisle allowed us unlimited use of their track for NICO members.

Needless to say, it was a huge success. But rather than us being the only ones having all of the fun on the track, you are cordially invited to join us with you own car to test your skills and have fun. We're now on our 4th year, and it's going to be even bigger! the plan is to once again alternate between drifting and autocross thoughout the two days. This translates to literally hours of track time for both autocrossing and drifting.

The link below is a recap of last years event. This should give you a taste.

http://www.nicoclub.com/nicoev...shtml

SIGNING UP

If you are not a member of NICO, it’s easy and painless to sign up. Please take a few moments to register with NICO at the following link.

zerouser?cmd=register

NICOclub is completely free. There are no obligations, no fees, no hidden charges, no junk mail, no spam. You do not need to own a Nissan or Infiniti to participate in this event. We welcome any make/model car.

Once you've registered with NICOclub, please return to this very thread. That link is below.

zer...d=330

Then just make a post on this thread (using the reply or quote buttons) advising us that you’d like to participate, and that’s it! You’re signed up. We will extract the rest of your information from the NICO profile that you just created. Please make sure your profile includes your real name. Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions by posting on this thread as well. It will be closely monitored by the NICO Staff. We also invite you to explore the world of NICO which is a large,friendly community of Nissan/Infiniti enthusiasts.

If you are already a member of NICO, it’s even easier. Just create a post on this thread (using the reply or quote buttons) and simply let us know that you’re interested in doing it, whether it's autocross, drift, or both. And you’re in (Please make sure your actual name is in your profile). There are no fees or penalties if you don’t show up (except for some possible teasing by your fellow NICOnauts). We do ask that you try to volunteer some time to help staff the event. For example, If you’re planning to just drift, we hope you will help staff the autocross sessions, and vice versa. We appreciate any help you can provide.

"Walk-in" registration without signing up here will be permitted, but for those folks there will be a one time $25 fee. Good for the duration of the event.

Remember, registering for the NICOfest autocross and drift does not exclude you from enjoying the many activities that the Carlisle Performance and Style show offers.

Here are the general rules/requirements to participate in the NICOfest Drift/Autrocross event:

General Event Rules

- Participants must be 18 or older licensed drivers

- Event is open to all registered drivers with any make car that pass our technical inspection, and who have signed the necessary waivers. No special equipment is required for most cars.

- No SUV’s or trucks will be permitted to participate unless approved byeventmaster.

- All convertibles must have approved aftermarket rollbar or roll cageinstalled with minimum 4 pt belts. Convertible roll bars must also meet the “2 inch broomstick rule”, where there must be at least 2” ofclearance between the top of the drivers helmet and bottom edge ofthe top roll bar cross

- the tech requirements for your car appear later in this thread.

- This is an "at risk" event. That is, the only insurance covering you and your vehicle during this event is your own. Carlisle Events and NICOclub are not responsible for any damages, injuries, thefts.

- Driving on the track is free to those who have pre-registered on this NICO thread. But Participants must still pay admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

- Un-registered participants (walk ins) are also welcome to run on the track, but will be subject to a one time $25 fee to participate. That is over and above the admission to the Carlisle Performance and Style show.

-There will be no rental helmets available, so participants must supply theirown SA2000 (or newer) Snell rated helmets (no cracks). Motorcycle helmets are also acceptable, but they must have a Snell rating of M2000 or newer. We will also accept helmets with a BSI safety rating of 6658 Type A. Note, helmets with just an SAE/DOT rating are not acceptable. Please make sure you check your helmet to make sure they not only have a Snell sticker but that it's a current one, If there is no valid Snell sticker, that helmet cannot be used. Bicycle helmets are also not acceptable. It is okay to share helmets, but please be forewarned, no one will be permitted on that track without wearing an approved helmet. Each participant must advise during tech/registration if he or she is sharing helmets.

- Long cotton pants/cotton shirts mandatory while driving on track (jeansare fine, but no shorts, please.)

- No flip/flops or sandals. Closed shoes only (sneakers are fine).

- Windbreaker/plastic jackets (which melt in fires), are not permitted for ontrack driving.

- Cars only need to be tech’ed once for the duration of the event.

-There is no minimum or maximum # of runs. Run as often as you'd like.

-There will be no separate running classes.

-Only cars that have passed tech with registered participants that havesigned the waivers will be permitted on course.

- There can be more than one driver per car, but each driver must beregistered. Cars with more than one driver only need to be tech’d once.

- Runs can only be made while track is staffed and operating green. Nounauthorized private sessions allowed unless specifically approvedby the eventmaster.

- Each car will be assigned a number, please make sure it is displayed ondriver side rear window.

- Driver’s window must be open while on track. Sunroofs must be closed

- No passengers permitted on track unless approved by Eventmaster.

- If passengers are approved, they must have signed waivers and wear an approved helmet.

- One vehicle will be on the track at one time.

- Cars will need to be completely emptied of loose articles (including radardetectors, maps, tools, floor mats, etc. before going on the track.

- There will be a fenced in paddock area, but Carlisle Events and NICO assume no responsibility for any lost or stolen property.

- Autocross runs will be timed and tracked by car number.

- In-car video equipment is permitted but must be securely mounted. Must not obstruct drivers view. Eventmaster, NICO, or starter reserve right to refuse a setup.

-No alcohol beverages in the paddock or on track.

- Smoking is not permitted in the pit/track area.

- No pets

- No bedding of brakes or testing of vehicles in the paddock area

- Only park in designated areas. If you must jack your car up, please use wood or metal under the jack/jackstands to prevent damage to the asphalt.

- Please remove all used tires, parts, liquids, garbage before leaving.

- The facility will not have gas,oil, or air, so you’ll need to check your carsprior to arrival.

- Bad behavior may result in dismissal from event or facilities. Please followstarter/corner worker flag instructions.

-Participants are asked to volunteer to help operate the event, like corner working, registration, or tech. The cars can only run if the corners are staffed.

- And most importantly, Have fun.

CAR "TECH" REQUIREMENTS

Here is what will be required to pass the technical inspection. Essentially if your car can pass a state inspection, it should pass tech. Please be sure to check your over carefully before coming. It would be a shame not to be able to run because of something small.

Engine compartment: no leaks, fluids okay, belts tight, throttle free, no cheap tape on hoses.

Brakes: fluid clean, full.

Brake lights/signals: operational

Battery: mounted securely

Wipers: functional

Tires: Autocross: legal tread, no cuts, no cord showing, no dry rot. Drift: no tire requirements

Wheels: no missing lugnuts. Torque will be checked during tech.

Interior: all loose items removed, glove box empty, floor mats removed,

Restraints – factory seat belts are acceptable.

Fire Extinguisher – optional, but if present must be securely mounted

Trunk : emptied, and secured

Helmet: SA2000/M2000 ratings or newer. No cracks. DOT/SAE (only) rated helmets are not acceptable,

Gas cap : present and secured.

VOLUNTEERS

Since this is a free event, we’ll need volunteers to make it happen.Volunteers are naturally welcome to drive. But with the track open for so many hours, we’ll need everyone to volunteer some time. Here are the areas where we are asking for volunteer help

Tech inspector: working a simple checklist, don’t need to be a mechanic.

Registration: checking in attendees, signing waivers, assigning car numbers, issuing wristbands.

Corner workers: for safety, picking up cones, reporting knocked over cones, watching for debris, spin outs, fluids, etc.

Starter: In charge of safety, launches drivers. Coordinates with corner workers.

OTHER DETAILS

You will go through tech prior to registration. Tech is located at the NICOfest tent just outside the entrance to the paddock. Once you,your car, and your helmet pass tech, you then register at the same tent, where you will sign waivers and be issued a wrist band and a number for your car. The number is to be taped to the inside of the driver side rear window. Please wear the wrist band for the duration of the event.

If your car already has a number, we will let you use it, but please let us know that number when you register, so we don't give it out to someone else.

You only need to register once for the duration of the event.

The Carlisle main gates will open at 0800 both days. the official address is as follows:.

Carlisle Fairgrounds1000 Bryn Mawr RoadCarlisle PA 17013-1588

Carlisle is just west of Harrisburg PA. convenient to the PA turnpike andI-81.

The track is located on the north side of the property, and can be seen from the PA turnpike. Once you come thru the gate into the fairgrounds, and pass the buildings, you will turn left and head for the big tent.

The track itself an out-and-back asphalt course with a grass infield. There are some on and off camber turns that make this course much more interesting than a normal parking lot autocross setup. It is a second gear course. You should find it easy to navigate, but challenging to get thru fast. There will also be a lot of spectators which adds to the excitement. Both the track and paddock are fenced in.

We will publish the autocross/drift schedules as soon as they get finalized. The drifting will be featured by the show so expect plenty of spectators.

To register for the Performance and style show itself, please refer to Carlisle's Registration page. This will get you credentials to get into the show. Once you are inside, if you are registered for the track event, simply come on down to the paddock and check in. There is also plenty of parking if you choose not to run on the track.

You may bring a guest into the paddock with you as long they register the same way as you did. Non registered guests must pay to enter the paddock. It will be $15 per non registered guest to enter the paddock. That's it for now, please stay tuned in case of any changes or announcements.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask here. We hope you will join us at the Carlisle Performance and Style show for some extra special fun with your car

Regards,

Joel (Bubba1)

DReed86
Car: Altima Coupe 2008 SE 3.5 White CVT

FIRST....

I'm in!!!!! Heard this was the badest event on the east coast My buddy might come to his name is Sean McCarthy

Cant wait to test out the whip

sentrastace
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

I'll be there and would love to participate in autocross. Stacey Acevero +1 guest: Nathan Miller

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

DReed86 wrote:FIRST....

I'm in!!!!! Heard this was the badest event on the east coast My buddy might come to his name is Sean McCarthy

Cant wait to test out the whip
Yep, you're in. But if Sean is thinking of coming, can you please ask him to post here?

Thanks.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Stacey...if you want to volunteer your beauty again, we'll work out the same deal as last year for you

superblackz
Car: '04 G-Coupe 6MT, '91 B13 SE-R, another '91 B13 SE-R

Close by and fun, how can you go wrong? Sounds great! Count me in.ST

nissangirl74
Car: 2014 Xterra Pro4X, '12 Titan 4x4, '98 240sx, '89 Pao, '77 620, '72 240Z w/RB25, '68 510, '67 WRL411, '67.5 SPL 311, '63 Bluebird, '63 NL320

Can't wait to see everyone there!

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

Kevin W

mind if i work the gate again this year, cause i sure had fun last time
Modified by Heavy at 9:42 PM 12/18/2009

DReed86
Car: Altima Coupe 2008 SE 3.5 White CVT

Bubba1 wrote:
Yep, you're in. But if Sean is thinking of coming, can you please ask him to post here?

Thanks.
My friend isnt going to race just come chill.... He drives a POS.... He is just coming to get waisted

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Heavy wrote:Kevin W

mind if i work the gate again this year, cause i sure had fun last time

Modified by Heavy at 9:42 PM 12/18/2009
That would be great, thanks! And you've got mail....
superblackz wrote:Close by and fun, how can you go wrong? Sounds great! Count me in.ST
Done

TeKKiE
Car: '98 SE-R

IN! So close to where I live now, too!

May bring a few friends with me, but I'll make them register here.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

TeKKiE wrote:IN! So close to where I live now, too!

May bring a few friends with me, but I'll make them register here.
Excellent! Thanks.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

DReed86 wrote:
My friend isnt going to race just come chill.... He drives a POS.... He is just coming to get waisted
That's fine, but this year we will be charging $15 to enter the pits for everyone who is not registered. In the past we would let guests of those who registered in, but it's gotten out of hand the last couple years.

So even if your friend is not racing, but wants the $15 pit pass waived, he needs to register here. But keep in mind, there is no alcohol allowed in the pits (and possibly at all on the fairgrounds, I'm not sure).

DevilMB3017

I'm in for the third straight year...

Now to figure out who's coming with me and make them post up!

Should be a lotta fun, as always!

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

DevilMB3017 wrote:I'm in for the third straight year...

Lets get that battery tied down extra good this year so I don't have to jump out of your car while its catching on fire.

I'm in. Don't know if I'll be driving up or flying up.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

DevilMB3017 wrote:I'm in for the third straight year...

Got you on the list. Also, you got mail, sir.

twisted99s10
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch
1992 Nissan 240sx Sil-camino
1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe

count me in for drift, and possible a few autocross runs. put me down for helping with track work.

Name - Dusty JaggerCar - 89 240sx (car number 48)i will most likely have a passenger for the event but i'll make her post up here later.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Put me down for autocross. Saw pics of last years event but never been to NicoFest

DevilMB3017

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Lets get that battery tied down extra good this year so I don't have to jump out of your car while its catching on fire.

I'm in. Don't know if I'll be driving up or flying up.

No harm no foul. The car was fine, we were fine...

The week we got home it was bolted down better, in a box, with a proper tie down. We'll probably even have a batt cutoff in there by then too.

DevilMB3017

Bubba1 wrote:
Got you on the list. Also, you got mail, sir.
Thanks Bubba.

You guys need anything at all, you know how to find me.

Pento240sx
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE, 1981 Datsun 210 Deluxe, 1981 Datsun 810 Maxima Deluxe and 1999 Infiniti Q45t.

Count me in, But it a Really far away Drive 1 day and 20 hours and i'm really bad with directions too lol. But I will try my best to make it
Modified by Pento240sx at 10:21 PM 12/20/2009

twisted99s10
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch
1992 Nissan 240sx Sil-camino
1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe

count me in for drift, and possible a few autocross runs. put me down for helping with track work.

Name - Dusty JaggerCar - 89 240sx (car number 48)i will most likely have a passenger for the event but i'll make her post up here later.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

twisted99s10 wrote:count me in for drift, and possible a few autocross runs. put me down for helping with track work.

Pento240sx wrote:Count me in, But it a Really far away Drive 1 day and 20 hours and i'm really bad with directions too lol. But I will try my best to make it Modified by Pento240sx at 10:21 PM 12/20/2009
VQpwrdSE-R wrote:Put me down for autocross. Saw pics of last years event but never been to NicoFest
You're all on the list. Thanks.

Rev_D21
Car: 1986.5 D21 LB HD 2WD V6 5Speed
1991 D21 Reg 2WD Auto
1995 D21 Reg 2WD 5Spd
1996 D21 Reg 4WD 5Spd
2012 Versa 1.6S 5-Speed

If the eventmaster will allow my D21 in to tip over some cones count me in.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Reverend D wrote:If the eventmaster will allow my D21 in to tip over some cones count me in.
I'm sure it'll be fine to run.

NSRsheets
Car: 2009 Nismo 370Z #85,1993 Nissan 240sx RB25DET coupe, 2013 focus

I'm going to try to make it this year for auto-x.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

NSRsheets wrote:I'm going to try to make it this year for auto-x.
On the list.

maxentropy
Car: '08 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Andy Robin08 Altima Coupe

Will be at the track late sat morning-- most likely due to hangover but will assist with starting/cones/etc as needed throughout the day.

Will most likely run autocross once or twice towards the end of the day when things wind down like last year.

Looking forward to seeing the gang again.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

maxentropy wrote:Andy Robin08 Altima Coupe

Will be at the track late sat morning-- most likely due to hangover but will assist with starting/cones/etc as needed throughout the day.

Will most likely run autocross once or twice towards the end of the day when things wind down like last year.

Looking forward to seeing the gang again.
Excellent, thanks.

Marisha
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Count me in! Goal is 2 barrels...or maybe just better time

I'm sure the boy will want another shot too. I guess I need to make him post here this year.

Return to “Past NICO Events”