2010 Instrument Lens/Cover

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
RC_51
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD

Hey folks,

Sorry...one more question. Hopefully down the road I'll be able to assist the forum in answering some odds and ends as opposed to asking small, trivial questions!

Does anyone know a part number of the instrument cluster lens or cover? I've been looking online, I read the FSM on the Instrument Panel, but I still can't find an associate part number (or name) to reference it. Mine has something on it that I can't get off (tried several applications of plastic wax to no avail).

Once I locate a lens, does replacing it require removing the cluster?

Thanks again!!

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Is that not covered under warranty? If not, could that be on the inside somehow? I'd first get a plastic polish and try to clean it if its not a warranty issue. I know for the 2002 maxima, when I was looking at the time, you could not buy the clear cover without buying a new gauge cluster. So I had to go to ebay to get a who gauge cluster.

RC_51
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD

I'm not sure the warranty would apply here unless there was some defect that is causing the problem. Since there was a previous owner, I'm not sure what was put on it or how it got like this...so the dealer might give me a hard time about replacing something that they didn't cause or isn't defective.

I tried the plastic polish but it didn't do anything....and I can't scrape it off so I'm not sure what else I can try. I doubt it's on the inside because I would think the cluster itself would show sings and not just the lens.

Next time I'm in the dealer I'll ask if I can just get a lens. For now, it'll have to work because I don't want to make it worse.

Thanks.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”