2010 + G37 Navigation Hack How To

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Hello all. Well if your reading this then you probably are fustrated with the issue of not being able to enter address while moving or dial a number from the screen. Well this kit from Car Kit Company is the perfect solution. It does not require you to cut into any factory harnesses and with the remote option you can flip the switch with the homelink button. The reason for using the homelink/remote option is that On the 2010 + G37 convertible and manual there is no spot to place a switch. Brian is going to put a G37 part number on the website soon but for now if you want to order go to this site:
http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-mur ... remote-htm
and in the comment section put that this is for a G37.

Now on to the install. This is for a MANUAL transmission. The automatic transmission will be very similar. The only difference will be removing the shifter housing. The manual is SO much easier. ALso this only took me 20 mins and that's with taking these pictures.
NOTE: Be sure to put your keys away and that there is no chance to turn on the car because you will be disconnecting the passenger airbag off light. You will have to reset it if you turn on the car with this disconnected.

Step 1: Remove the shifter housing by prying up on the end away from the engine as so:

Step 2: Disconnect the Cig lighter:

NOTE: If you want to remove the shifter console then you will need to remove the shift nob. I just left it in place and twisted it. I also placed towels around it to protect it and keep from scratching the rest of the console. Worked for me.

Step 3: Now its time to remove the A/C, DVD, Clock fascia by first removing these two screws underneath it.

Step 4: Now that it will pop down and out and will have 4 wires to disconnect. (Warning: one is the ABS light here) Set this aside so as not to damage it.

Step 5: Now its time to remove the dash around the screen. This is held in by 2 screws as seen below and pops right out straight back

Step6:The a/v unit is held in by 4 screws. The bottom two are shown below

Step7: The top screws hold the a/v unit and the LCD screen.

Step8: The LCD bracket is above the a/v bracket so you will need to work the lcd off first then place it back on the guide pins (the pins are next to the screw holes) Now pull the a/v unit out a bit and rest it on a towel. You will now have access to the rear of the a/v unit.

Step9:You will want to disconnect this 32 pin connector from the A/V unit

Step10:Now connect the kit's wiring harness as such leaving the small connector open ready for the kit.

Step11:This step is to set if you want to permanently fix the parking brake sensor or have it where you have to switch it off. If you want it permanent then connect to the connector marked P or if you want to switch it then the S. (So what this means is that if you want to not have to worry about turning the parking brake sensor off (you willnot get a brake light on) everytime you want to turn on the kit then plug into the P) Photo courtesy of car kit company

Step12: Now the fun part. Where to put this box at. Its not exactly a small box. The only place i was able to get it to fit was below where the a/v, a/c unit would go. Best picture I could get of it. This is apic from the LCD screen looking down

Reassemble in reverse order. I put the extra wires to the drivers side of the a/v unit. Also be sure to put the two tabs of the lcd in the slots in the back. One is pictured below. If you dont the lcd dash will not go on flush.

Here it is working. I used the remote to show you it working, but I have these linked to my homelink mirror 1, and 2. Works like a charm and is instant.

http://youtu.be/pEAv0-DTCr8
Last edited by Fezzik on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

I had KP Tech module installed way back in 2009: ITEM#NI35 does the same.

Fezzik

Yep. KP works too. I like the ease of this one without cutting or tapping wires and the ability to see the reverse cam as I am driving as well.

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Fezzik wrote:Yep. KP works too. I like the ease of this one without cutting or tapping wires and the ability to see the reverse cam as I am driving as well.
On my next upgrade, I may look into this, it does have few more features :bigthumb: . thanks

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Excellent Mr Dave....I'll check it out later this week :)

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

thats very cool, but pricey to me...

i did this same hack for like $10 with wiretaps and a switch...

Fezzik

I know how to hack it by doing it that way, but wanted to show how to use this method so you do not have to hack at the factory wiring harness, so if you ever need to do something under warranty you can reverse it. Also I did not have room for another switch so the use of the homelink buttons worked out great. Also the rear view camera option is nice.

Port City Rob
Car: 2012 Infiniti G37S Sedan

Hey guys, I recently bought a '12 g37S sedan with nav. The car has some sort of hack done to it, because I can operate all screen options while moving and can watch a dvd while moving also. The problem is, my navigation doesn't track the vehicle. The arrow simply spins to match my orientation. Any ideas as to which hack I may have or suggestions for sequences to test which I have would be great! I want my nav to work. I tried holding the enter button on the control knob, but nothing happened so I don't think a relay has been installed. I also can't locate a physical switch anywhere. Help!!

Fezzik

Any way for you to contact the previous owner and ask them. Could it be hooked up in the home link buttons or another button. If the nab is like that and you can play the videos and such then it is def activated. You could always follow the parking brake wire and see if anything has been tapped into it

Port City Rob

Thanks for responding. The home link buttons don't appear to change anything, but I reset them when I got the car. Of course, there was no remote included with the car. I would like to exhaust all other possibilities before I start to pull the center stack apart. Is it possible the last owner was dumb and hard wired the bypass without a switch? I hope not... I contacted car kits about getting a remote only, but have to wait for response. This is frustrating.

Port City Rob

Also, I'm not sure I'll be able to reach previous owner.

Fezzik

Hold off on that module. You may have the one from kptechnologies. Which is turned on and off with holding the ok button for a couple of seconds. You can sometimes hear the relay switch when you do it. Give that a try first

Port City Rob

No click. I will try again a few times. Does the car have to be moving?

Port City Rob

Also, does the KP technologies unit reset to factory default when the car is started?

Fezzik

That I don't know. I don't have that unit. You have to hold the ok button for like 2 seconds. Honestly if you don't get ahold of original owner then It would be best to take the center out and see what unit is installed

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”