2009 wiring different

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
goheelsbaby
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6L1996 Nissan Pathfinder

I am using the info center instructions but the wires are different. the guide calls for all different colors...does anyone know the wiring for the new versa please help not having a radio REALLY sucks

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

You should be buying a wiring harness that simply just plugs into the connector where the factory radio would normally plug in.

goheelsbaby

Why am i going to pay $20 for something when if had this information i could do it myself in about 5 min...thanks for the help

steed77
Car: 09 Versa Fresh Powder Sedan 6speed

well
goheelsbaby wrote:Why am i going to pay $20 for something when if had this information i could do it myself in about 5 min...thanks for the help
You would be able to replace the factory unit in seconds. It's the clean way to install it. All the wire colors on the adapter are the same as your aftermarket deck. It does save time and effort.

It always amazes me to see someone spend 7-20K on a car, drop and additional XXX.XX on a radio and not spend the 10-30 bucks for the right adapters.
Modified by steed77 at 10:12 AM 8/12/2009

Shad0wXCalibur

A wiring harness is not $20. I bought one off e-bay for half that. If you can afford the deck to put in, $10 should not ruin your life to protect the factory wiring. If you wanna keep local radio with an aftermarket deck, you'll need an antenna adapter, too. You may also need a dash kit, too. Face it. It costs money to do it right unless you wanna fab everything up and hack the factory wiring.

I do have an extra wiring harness since my fiancee used to have a Versa. You can have it for $5.

Andries
Car: 2008 Black 1.8 S Nissan Versa 6 spd - 2009 Winter Frost 3.5se Premium

goheelsbaby wrote:Why am i going to pay $20 for something when if had this information i could do it myself in about 5 min...thanks for the help
IMHO

Another reason to get a wiring harness is you aren't Hacking up the wires in the back. And you aren't confused and have to look online and decipher something that probably doesn't apply to you. Should they all be the same - yes...but then where would the fun be in that?

If I want to sell my car - i pull it out - unhook the harness...put the old deck in - plug in and do it all within a few minutes.

20 bucks is worth it for me.

Andries

And if a cost is a concern for you. California Audio - 3500 south over by the Harmons Building.... You get the wiring harness and antenna adapter for 25 bucks..the harness is only 15

goheelsbaby

Yeah you guys are right..i was just frustrated and wanted to do it myself but i got a harness and am doing it the right way. Andries good to see another local : )

Andries

Frustration is realizing you should have got the 1.8 :-) - - haha jk - i'm envious of your gas mileage!

goheelsbaby

dont i know it...but the mpg's do ease a little of the pain : ) so as soon as i stopped being hard headed i started from the beginning with the adapter and had it all in within 20 min sounds great now to run power to my amp and 12" thanks for setting me straight guys

Andries

goheelsbaby wrote:dont i know it...but the mpg's do ease a little of the pain : ) so as soon as i stopped being hard headed i started from the beginning with the adapter and had it all in within 20 min sounds great now to run power to my amp and 12" thanks for setting me straight guys
I just got done a few weeks ago with my own amp/sub install. Just somethings to let you be aware of..i think the 1.6 will be the same as mine - I had to take off the air intake parts and remove the battery to be able to view the firewall grommet that the wires go through.

Take a metal clothes hanger - start inside the driver foot well - look up and you will see the grommet - push it through and you will see the wire come through on the other side...

da only osiris AT msn DOT com - if you need any email help i can help ya with

steed77

Andries wrote:
I had to take off the air intake parts and remove the battery to be able to view the firewall grommet that the wires go through.
What a PERFECT time for a CAI.

goheelsbaby

i have heard there is a remote and ground ran to the back of the car from the factory...is this true. If not which blue wire is the remote ?.. i know dumb question feel free to razz

steed77

Well I was digging around mine tonight (installing the rear sedan strut brace) and there is no hint of wire for anything to do with for the radio.

If you just installed an aftermarket HU, use the blue/white for remote turn on. This will be on your main HU wire-harness(at the new radio). you will need to run that, power from the battery, and the RCA's for the sub anyway.

I typically run 4awg for anything over 300W.

Also you can use the body to ground for the amp, I would also recommend making a better battery to chassis ground also.(in the sedan, there is a nice spot to ground...located at the 2 14mm bolts for the seat back.)

sfxc13
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback

anybody find the diagram yet? Or have a wiring harness and want to map it out?

sfxc13

I believe I figured out the correct wiring for 2009 Versa Hatchback. Once I finish my install I will confirm.

White - Left Front +Brown - Left Front - Purple - Left Rear -Red - Left Rear +

Green Right Front +Blue Right Front-Teal Right Rear -Gray Right Rear +

Teal* - ignition wireblack - groundorange - illumination

* there are two teal wires. Before cutting pay attention to which teal is group with the speaker wire (8 wires without spaces on head) versus which is grouped with power (3 wires separated from others)

sfxc13

sfxc13 wrote:I believe I figured out the correct wiring for 2009 Versa Hatchback. Once I finish my install I will confirm.

White - Left Front +Brown - Left Front - Purple - Left Rear -Red - Left Rear +

Green Right Front +Blue Right Front-Teal Right Rear -Gray Right Rear +

Teal* - ignition wireblack - groundorange - illumination

* there are two teal wires. Before cutting pay attention to which teal is group with the speaker wire (8 wires without spaces on head) versus which is grouped with power (3 wires separated from others)
Confirmed!

fastback65
Car: 2009 Versa Sedan

I just bought a 2009 Versa sedan w/o radio and would like to know how do you pull the radio cover off to install a aftermarket radio.

Shad0wXCalibur

fastback65 wrote:I just bought a 2009 Versa sedan w/o radio and would like to know how do you pull the radio cover off to install a aftermarket radio.
Everything you need to know is in this link right here: http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=227206

The only thing I wouldn't follow is splicing the factory wires. Buy a wiring harness. Unless you're buying a factory Versa radio. In that case, just plug it in and you're ready.

fastback65

Thanks for the info. I started going though a lot of the other posts on this situation and found more helpful hints. I knew if I went online I would find information on this problem.

fastback65

I used the instructions you suggested and everything worked out fine. It is a hole lot easier with the wire harness, it was a wire for wire install. Once connected to the harness is was plug and play. I was really surprised that the stock speakers would sound so good. Now my commute will be a lot better.
Modified by fastback65 at 3:41 PM 8/24/2009

Chestaa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa

i just bought a 2009 versa sedan with no radio as well because i pulled the sony xplod head unit out of my old truck and figured it would be a breeze to just install myself. i bought the harness and spliced all the wires to their correct colors on the headunit but it still will not turn on. i checked all the fuses and they were fine then i touched the power wire to the ground to see if it was getting any electricity but there were no sparks or anything. any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong?

haslamjd
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa Base

sfxc13 wrote:Confirmed!
Cool. That seems to work, but the radio reception is terrible. I used the antenna adapter that came with my wiring harness, but it has a blue wire that I don't know were it goes. Is that why I have terrible reception? If so, where do I connect it?

Thanks!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”