2009 FWD Nissan Rogue S

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
JaySushi
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S FWD

Does anyone know what the top speed is for this car?Also would it be a possibility that it could go offroading and have a low risk of getting stuck?

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

Your top should not exceed 70, that is the highest posted LEGAL limit in the USA. Having said that I have had mine up to near 85 MPH and I wouldn't test it much farther than that and feel safe. Also keep in mind that Nissan is watching you through it's black box to decide whether it can void your warranty or not.

I wouldn't think the Rogue would do any better than a front drive car in the mud/sand. I'd keep it on terra firma.

JaySushi
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S FWD

Oh okay thanks crayb, didn't know that at all with the black box. But I've reached over 100 in my Rogue before it didn't feel unsafe at all but I just don't do it alot I've also hit 80 before but where I live in Florida, theres not many fast roads, I was just curious as to how fast an S edition Rogue can top out at.

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

I'm sure it would pull 120 easy, but I'd bet there is a fuel pump cutoff at/ or around that speed, built in safety mechanism.

Being that I see the results of foolish driving daily with broken bones and death, I try to stress the importance of being safe and following safety rules of the road.

Ray

philipa_240sx

The top speed in the Rogue is electronically limited to about 120mph (192km/h). It's seems to be a 'soft' speed limiter (it stops accelerating), not a fuel cut like older Nissan's.

BTW, there is no way to defeat the speed limiter. You cannot simply disconnect a speedometer cable... there simply isn't one. Vehicle speed is computed from the ABS wheel sensors and the transmission speed sensor. To bypass it would require reprogramming the ECU and to date, I have not seen a product that will do this.

Note: The last Nissan ECU's that were 'programmable' were made back in 2001. Pretty much any Nissan product afterwards went with a newer and presumably encrypted ECU. Most of the tuning devices available for Nissan's (ie. Stillen QRPro) are just simply piggyback devices that modify the signals coming in/out of the ECU to trick it into changing fuel/ignition.

I would not do any hard core off-roading in the Rogue. A bit of sand or dirt is OK, but there are no skid plates to protect the exhaust, gas tank, etc. You could easily cause some very expensive damage if you catch a rock or tree limb.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

Is the top limit actually 70 mph. For some reason, a few years back, I remember going faster than that in Utah (near the salt flats) and still driving within the speed limit.

This of course was not in my Nissan, but in my Subaru.

edited to add this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...tates

Gman65
Car: Nissan Rogue S, Yamaha Vstar, Mercury Cougar.

The highest legal posted limit, that I have seem was 80MPH(daytime) 65MPH(night time) on the I-10 going through Texas. I just drove from San Diego, CA to Biloxi, MS on the 4th of July weekend. I have to say I was surprised as I am use to seeing 70-75 MPH max.This was the First long trip I have taking the my Rogue on. About 4300 miles round trip, san diego, biloxi, huntsville, san diego. The car did great

Return to “Rogue Forum”