2008 G35 Stereo install

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Starting this thread for Thomas and his 2008 G35 with base audio....

Here is the wiring diagram:

For the RCA converter, I'd use this: http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-2-Channel ... pd_sim_e_9

Use the rear door speaker for the source. You need to tap all four lines so you have a Right +/- and a Left +/-
Looking at the daigram, you should also tap the "ACC" line to provide a remote turn on in case your amp does not have an auto sensing feature.

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

Joe, did you run your 12v power source and your RCA interconnect signal wires on the same side of the car? in my previous installs i always ran it on separate sides as i understood it prevented feedback (buzzing). With better quality interconnects, this may be a non-issue.

joe603

I didn't have RCA interconnects...The signal source is from the wiring harness that connects to the Bose amp in the trunk. The only wire I needed to run was the power lead.

The OP was going to install a new deck I believe. I just needed to tap the rear speakers high levels into my sub/amp combo.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

joe603 wrote:I didn't have RCA interconnects...The signal source is from the wiring harness that connects to the Bose amp in the trunk. The only wire I needed to run was the power lead.

The OP was going to install a new deck I believe. I just needed to tap the rear speakers high levels into my sub/amp combo.
oh i see. since i do not have bose, i will need to tap the rear LH and RH speakers behind the a/v unit and install a LOC to then run the RCAs to the amp in the back. any knowledge on whether or not i should run on opposite side of the vehicle as 12v?

joe603

As a general rule, you should put as much space between the power and signal source you can...

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

gotcha.

well im jumping on this.

I just order a JL 500/1, JL 10w3, and two sets of JL 6.5" evolution coaxials.

I will tryyyy to do a right up and document my experience while doing this.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

timmy0257 wrote:gotcha.

well im jumping on this.

I just order a JL 500/1, JL 10w3, and two sets of JL 6.5" evolution coaxials.

I will tryyyy to do a right up and document my experience while doing this.
oh, forgot to mention i ordered my door speaker spacers from Zenclosures. $20 per set.

joe603

Cool! How are you doing the 10W3? custom box?

Originally, I was looking at 2 10W6's and the JL 1000/1 for both but decided to tone it down. My last car had a MTX system with around 1800W pushing 2, 7500's. It was super loud...

When you run the power, I recommend you remove the windshield wiper plastic assembly near the battery. There is a bundle of wires that go through the firewall. Just use a hanger with the power wire taped to it and push it through. Make sure to seal it with some silicone...

You will need to take the lower passenger side trim off to get to it. Then just follow the nice tray that Infiniti designed the car to have that runs all the way to the trunk. You may need mechanical fingers to run between the front/rear door area and into the trunk. Run the remote turn-on with the power.

For the RCA, I'd run it from the deck to the driver's side and use the tray on that side of the car.

The ground is another easy one, use the seat belt mounting bolt for the back seat, which can be easily removed btw.

Good luck!! Here's some pics of my install:

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

that is exactly how i planned it out. thanks for the pictures. i really want to design a way to mount the amp on the seat back with no visible wires, so i may get some mdf and fashion some sort of fascia or cover to put over it all.

i am either going to build my own passenger side 10" enclosure or get one from Boxology, which is formerly 4080.

my jl 6.5" door speakers should be in soon as well as my spacers. i will do a write up when installing them.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

just did some brainstorming, and to keep the install clean with no visible wires, i think i will mount the amplifier in a tray-mount position underneath the rear deck. has this been done before?

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”