2006 Murano SL AWD with psycho clock!

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
atc4nyc
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD

We have a 2006 Murano with a clock that has never been stable. It resets itself to 1:00 at random intervals. Sometimes it will hold the time for days, sometimes it will reset itself 3 times during a drive. It's part of the display, so it should be under warranty. Our Nissan dealer won't replace it because they are "unable to reproduce the problem." Any advice? Does anyone else have the clock problem, or just the dealer problem Thanks!

Rosies_Mom
Car: PT Cruiser DreamCruiser #3674

If it is still under warranty, the dealer at least needs to address the problem. They should take it and drive it for a while. Maybe the head service adviser could drive it home and back to work for a couple of nights. That might reproduce the problem. I'll bed it is a bad module somewhere dealing with the clock. Keep at them. Service people are notorious for turning a blind eye if the problem cannot be recreated on cue.

atc4nyc
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano SL AWD

It's been a year, but I've received many emails from owners around the country with a similar problem, so I wanted to post an update here.

Another local owner who leased her Murano from the same dealership that I had purchased mine from contacted me because she was having the same problem. She was able to convince the dealership to repair hers (would they be more willing because it was a lease?). They replaced the clock controller, and she has had no problems since. I have an appointment at the dealership next week to have my clock controller replaced. I will report back here whether or not that is successful.

I have to mention how valuable this forum has been for me. Stacy would not have known that it was a recurring problem with the Murano, and I would not have known that her car had been successfully repaired, and the local dealer would probably still be blowing us both off.

Thanks to all. Drive safely out there!

nissanpartsnow
Car: 2002 Xterra and 1995 Nissan V-6 Pickup

We have seen this same complaint a few times at our dealership. The dealer needs to replace the audio visual control unit through Nissan's exchange program. Hope this helps.

Return to “Murano Forum”