2006 Maxima Tramsmission Problem

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
crappymax
Car: 06 Maxima

I just bought a 06 maxima sl. I have a hard shifting for 1st and 2nd gear. The car has a violent jerk. Also does this out of reverse. My mechanic did a diagnostic and found a code P0726. Anyone know the fix for this?

IanS
Car: 2002 Subaru WRX, 2010 Subaru Forester XT, 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

Well, P0726 is a Engine Speed Input Circuit Range/Performance code. It could be a wiring issue, or the TCU could be misreading the signal.

Im guessing you have a 4 speed trans?

IIRC the 4 speeds had issues with their boost valves, as well as one of the regulators. It was more common to the 04-05 models, but I would not be surprised to see it in an 06 as well.

Also, the torque mount on the A34s tends to fail, and this can increase harsh shifts. Have your mechanic check that out as well.

Your best bet, would be to bring the car to a transmission speciality shop, or a good Nissan dealership.

crappymax
Car: 06 Maxima

Thanx for your help. The tranny is a 6 speed automatic. I am giong to take it back to the shop. I will let them know what you said and check it out. I see a lot of others have been having problems on different forums. Some ended up changing the tranny which is and expensive fix. Will see how it goes.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”