2006 M35x Luxury Package

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Seattle5

Greetings everyone! This is my first post here. I am currently looking at a 2006 M35x with the luxury package. I have scoured the web and this site looking for what the luxury package actually entails. I am coming up empty. So I stopped by the local Infiniti dealer this afternoon with the VIN to see what they could tell me. All it came up with was Luxury.... Not Journey, not Tech, not etc. etc. It is equipped with NAV, backup camera, Bose system, xenons & other goodies.

With that, can anyone enlighten me to what makes up the luxury package.

Thanks!

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Welcome to the club, from Puyallup!

I do not recall a "Luxury Package", although there was a Premium Package in 2006. I had it in my previuosly owned 2006 M45. Readily apparent features included: rear power shade (switch in center console next to heated/cooled seat switches), power reclining rear seats, and heater & radio controls in the rear fold down armrest.. I can't remember all that was included in the package, but I do have a breakdown on my home computer (I am at work right now).

Seattle5

Thanks SmoovC! I was a little dumbfounded when the dealer mentioned Luxury package. I have read about the Premium, Journey, Tech.... but not this.

If you find any additional info on this, I greatly appreciate it.

Hope I'll be seeing more of this site!

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

You are very welcome. ;) Perhaps post a link to the car? I will dig up what info I have when I get home for ya'.

Seattle5

Okay.... This car was originally purchased in Michigan. I have stumble upon other M35x's that are labeled as "M35 Luxury AWD". Every single car that I found like this is in Canada. This car that I am looking at does have the speedo in Miles and not KM.

Interesting indeed.

Thanks!

Seattle5

SmoovC wrote:You are very welcome. ;) Perhaps post a link to the car? I will dig up what info I have when I get home for ya'.
Here is the car SmoovC

http://www.autoconnectionseast.net/2545 ... ge-35x-AWD

What got me asking all of this is that in the description, they have it reading as a "2006 M35x, Sport with Tech" below the posted photos on the website. From what I have read, the wheels are not sport and M35x's were not available in the sport package. Not only that, the Infiniti dealer and Carfax both state the car is from MI & in the description from the selling dealer it states that it is a California car.

It's all kind of confusing really.

SmoovC

Rule #1: NEVER take what ANY dealer says at face value! ;) They are experts in the art of BS, and generally rely on the theory that "if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, then baffle 'em with bullsh!t". :yesnod

"2006 M35x, Sport with Tech" does not accurately describe the car in question. It appears to me to have the U02 navigation system, and the Journey Package only; as it has Homelink and AFS. With the Journey package, it should also have xenon headlights and backup camera.

Tech package would include: 14 speaker Bose (as evidenced by 2 speakers on each front seat), smart cruise control (this car does not have the buttons on the right side of steering wheel for this feature), Lane Departure Warning (this car does not have camera on top driver's side of windshield), among a couple of other features.

As far as being a Cali car, they may be able to claim that since it might have come from auction there, but the history of the carfax tells the real story.

I believe this car here to be with Tech: http://www.infinitiofkirkland.com/auto/ ... wd/891944/
It has the smart cruise control (compare the steering wheels) and the LDW camera (look at the top of the windshield for a cut out in the solar strip).

And this car to be a Premium: http://www.beavertoninfiniti.com/Used-2 ... d/16956673
It has everything the above car has, plus rear sunshade and rear control on/off switches in the center console (compare switches to either above car); the overhead RSE, and chrome wheels.

Premiums are a rare find, Techs are more common, and dealers try to confuse the issue. Do your homework, learn to spot the differences, and you will find the car you are looking for!

If I can be of more help, do not hesitate to ask; that's why we are here.

Seattle5

Great information SmoovC! After reviewing those links, it made discerning the packages quite obvious. At this time (1am) my wife and I are still planning on seeing this car tomorrow afternoon.... my wife likes color lol. I will share how the dealership reacts to all of the info I have gathered here. Who knows.... maybe my new found knowledge can shame them into giving us a deal we cannot walk away from.....of course that would take place after a PPI :)

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a complete stranger SmoovC!

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

For the record, "Luxury" and "Sport" are the trim levels on an 06 M, not packages. "Luxury" means "Base" and "Sport" means "Sport". You can't have "Luxury" and "Sport" trim. Also, the sport trim came with aluminum trim on the inside in addition to the sport wheels and Rear Active Steering. As previously stated, there was no 2006 M35x Sport. Another thing to look for (though everything discussed can be changed / faked): The AWD vehicles had a snow button in the center console and the RWD vehicles did not.

SmoovC

Seattle5 wrote:Great information SmoovC! After reviewing those links, it made discerning the packages quite obvious. At this time (1am) my wife and I are still planning on seeing this car tomorrow afternoon.... my wife likes color lol. I will share how the dealership reacts to all of the info I have gathered here. Who knows.... maybe my new found knowledge can shame them into giving us a deal we cannot walk away from.....of course that would take place after a PPI :)

Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out a complete stranger SmoovC!
Again, glad to help, and hopefully I was able clear up any questions you may have had. Let us know how it goes today, please! :)

SmoovC

The00Dustin wrote:For the record, "Luxury" and "Sport" are the trim levels on an 06 M, not packages. "Luxury" means "Base" and "Sport" means "Sport". You can't have "Luxury" and "Sport" trim. Also, the sport trim came with aluminum trim on the inside in addition to the sport wheels and Rear Active Steering. As previously stated, there was no 2006 M35x Sport. Another thing to look for (though everything discussed can be changed / faked): The AWD vehicles had a snow button in the center console and the RWD vehicles did not.
To add to the confusion: a "Luxury" (base) is optioned up to "Sport" by ordering the Sport, to include Journey and Tech packages; but Premium is not available on Sport. In addition to the aluminum trim you mentioned on Sport, the headlights bezels are black, the steering wheel is different, the front seats are bolstered, and all seating has a white-ish piping or trim.

Seattle5

Thank you for the clarification guys. My wife & I went to see the car this afternoon. The exterior was in good condition, but the interior was rather worn & it smelled like mildew & urine. My wife was instantly turned off as was I.

For the sake of doing so, we took a short test drive. We both liked the layout of the M and we liked the way it drove. If the right M pop's up before my wife falls in love with something else, I could see this being the right car for us.

After the test drive, I mentioned to the sales guy that I did my research on these cars. I explained how he misrepresented the car. He really didn't care what I had to say... but he did say if it did have the Tech package, the car would be more expensive. Huh???

Again, thank you SmoovC & The00Dustin for wealth of info. Now onto finding that right ride :)

SmoovC

Seattle5 wrote:Thank you for the clarification guys. My wife & I went to see the car this afternoon. The exterior was in good condition, but the interior was rather worn & it smelled like mildew & urine. My wife was instantly turned off as was I.

For the sake of doing so, we took a short test drive. We both liked the layout of the M and we liked the way it drove. If the right M pop's up before my wife falls in love with something else, I could see this being the right car for us.

After the test drive, I mentioned to the sales guy that I did my research on these cars. I explained how he misrepresented the car. He really didn't care what I had to say... but he did say if it did have the Tech package, the car would be more expensive. Huh???

Again, thank you SmoovC & The00Dustin for wealth of info. Now onto finding that right ride :)
Ugh, always a letdown when the car has some "funk", huh?!

Huh?! So it was listed as Tech package, which I would assume it would be priced as such already...... now he states that it would be priced even higher if it actually has Tech?! Did he incorporate tactics from ACA in his sales pitch?!

The right ride will come along.... be patient grasshoppa' ;)

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”