2006 M35 Tech Package DVD

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
shinli
Car: M35

I have a M35 with the Tech Package. It has a build in DVD player. It does NOT have the center roof mounted LCD. It uses the GPS Navigation LCD as the screen to play DVDs.

I'm sure many other folks out there wonder, why would I want to watch a dvd in the car in hot summer with the engine on chugging gas?

I'm told that there could be a secret code to allow you to play dvds while driving which makes sense to me. This will allow the folks in the back seat (my son) watch his dvd without having to install another monitor.

Does anyone have the code?

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

I would check to see if you have another DVD player, the one that REALLY plays movies on the front screen, in the compartment between the front seats. The GPS DVD, the one in the front glove compartment, will not play DVD movies or music.

Do NOT play movies on the front screen when the car is moving. You might actually talk to your rear seat passengers when you are driving.

shinli

Don't want to be speaking to the folks in the back!

I have the tech package: I am referring to the DVD under the arm rest. The tech package gives you 2 DVD players & 1 CD/MP3 changer.

1. One DVD player is dedicated to running the GPS programs (in glove compartment).

2. One DVD player which plays both music as well as DVDs as long as the parking brake is on (under the arm rest).

3. Lastly, the 6 CD changer accessible in dash.

I saw other folks recommend KP Technologies for a hardware mod/By Pass. I'm not looking to mod the car, yet.

Any one else? Thanks in Advance!

dralison
Car: Infiniti M35X

There is a hack that will allow you to view DVDs while driving on the Nav monitor, though it does involve splicing in some wires and a switch to activate it.

shinli

Which HACK? Have you used it before? Is it KPTechnologies?

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

It was just reported here that a Minnesota Timberwolf player, drunk and driving, got into an accident while watching a sex DVD (not an Infiniti). I believe he was also doing something else...

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”