2006 M35 HID lights not bright enough

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
eggyacid

hello.

i noticed my 06 M35 HID isn't as bright as others out there (Lexus, Acura and BMW)is this just a weakness of the system? I heard there is a way to change out the bulbs to get better output, will this cause any damage?thinking of changing my High Beams and Fog lights to "Bright Whites" to match my HID, i don't see an easy way to change them, can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks

Jeff

onefattboy909
Car: 07 infinti m45 sport

I have a 07 M45, i know what you mean.... my buddy has a Lexus IS300 and when we park next to each other mine doesn't even look like HID anymore....

I went on Ebay and purchased a pair of MTEC D2S Bulbs 8000k.. They made a really BIG difference, it gave it a hint of blue color but from some angle its a clear bright white... it was a pain in the azz installing them....

here are some shots....

eggyacid

nice, any instructions or pictures on how to replace them?

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

Is it that your bulbs are not bright enough to drive by, or just not as white or blue as the competitors?

I have owned 2 other car brands (BMW & Audi) since 2000, 3 other cars, all with HIDs, and have seen no differences and no problems with my Infiniti lights.

I think German cars do HIDs right, and some Japanese cars, like Lexus and Accura are too bright and annoy other cars. I have never been flashed with the lights in my Infiniti.

SunLitSandMax00SE
Car: Silver 2006 Infiniti M35

wanted to bump this

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

scjconsulting wrote:Is it that your bulbs are not bright enough to drive by, or just not as white or blue as the competitors?

I have owned 2 other car brands (BMW & Audi) since 2000, 3 other cars, all with HIDs, and have seen no differences and no problems with my Infiniti lights.

I think German cars do HIDs right, and some Japanese cars, like Lexus and Accura are too bright and annoy other cars. I have never been flashed with the lights in my Infiniti.
My only complain with the M HID headlights is the could be aim a little higher. As for the 8000k bulbs the look cool but that is it. You actually get less light more glare, But if you like that good for you.

lawman12

jonlex99 wrote:
My only complain with the M HID headlights is the could be aim a little higher.
you can adjust the aim of the headlights to go up/down. Only problem is that the high beams will go up/down with the new position of the headlights. I don't use my highs a lot, so not a problem for me to aim my headlights up a bit.

there are threads on how to adjust the height w/ a phillips screwdriver - an easy fix.

AG-M35
Car: 2006 M35

Mine are bright enough but the cutoff is very dramatic compared to older systems. I'd prefer a bit more forward vision, mainly around my area, because of the every increasing DEER problem.... The question is.....Can I mount a set of auxilliary road lamps (H3/H4) and tap into the system electrical WITHOUT voiding any warranty or causing some sort of grief with the electrical system?

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

AG-M35 wrote:Mine are bright enough but the cutoff is very dramatic compared to older systems. I'd prefer a bit more forward vision, mainly around my area, because of the every increasing DEER problem.... The question is.....Can I mount a set of auxilliary road lamps (H3/H4) and tap into the system electrical WITHOUT voiding any warranty or causing some sort of grief with the electrical system?
You should with the use of a good relay.

NightRiderQ45
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

scjconsulting wrote:I think German cars do HIDs right, and some Japanese cars, like Lexus and Accura are too bright and annoy other cars. I have never been flashed with the lights in my Infiniti.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but you do know that Infiniti is a Japanese car right? So are you saying that your light annoy others??

daveM45
Car: 2007 M45

I agree. The cutoff is abrupt and very short. Anything over 50mph is overdriving the low beams. After a year with the M I still have not adjusted to the reduced visibility. I'm interested in any upgrade that lets me see again...

SunLitSandMax00SE
Car: Silver 2006 Infiniti M35

the stock bulbs are 4300k correct? Would just getting a new pair of bulbs at 4300k increase the light output or would it be better to go with something like a 5600k? Did anyone ever release a write up of replacing the bulbs?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”