2006 M-Rattling Glovebox-How to adjust door??

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
goM35
Car: 2006 M35X, Umbria/Bourbon

Over the past couple of months the glovebox has developed a persistent rattle. I've emptied the box and it still rattles. However when I hold my hand on the door and press it to the dashboard, the rattles disappear.

As I imagine there is a way to adjust the lock on the box to solve my little issue, soliciting advice as to how to do so??

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

njjuliano
Car: 2010 M45X

I would look under the actual box. When I had a rattle in my G's box, it was caused by a flat metal piece located inside and under the glove. (I put my hand in the glove and pushed down on the floor, it had some give). It was a little loose, and every time it flexed or bent, it would make the rattle noise. I added some insulation type between it and anything that was loose and it took care of the rattle.

EcstaSPT

The felt tape they put on the inside of the glovebox door didn't work on mine, 2 or 3 times. What did work is just to wrap a bit of tape around the horizontal part of the "U" on the door to keep it from actually rattling while it's inside the catch. It took a bit of trial and error to get it to smoothly open and close, but a year later and it still works.

sergio1987
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

I tried using the tape tonight and it looks like it works:)Thanx

WirelessAndy
Car: 2011 G37S
Lapis Blue
UpRev
Still Gen 3 intake

I am SO going to try that ASAP! Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”