2006 Infiniti M35 x 6 Disc Changer "Disc Read Error"

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
TEE M35x
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Thanks for reading-- It's been 3 weeks now since all slots of my 6disc just stopped working. Is there anything i can do to try and fix this? I tried resetting the battery, no help there. I just think that it may be an alignment issue or something similar since all of them stopped working at the same time... any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

Do you have the DVD in the armrest? Can you play CDs there?

TEE M35x

msvara wrote:Do you have the DVD in the armrest? Can you play CDs there?
My dvd player is in the glove box. I just went out and tried that, it doesnt play, it says error and to reinsert the dvd cd. :blush: :confused: :gotme

svard75

I asked because I wasn't sure. I believe the DVD player will only read DVDs. I've never gone through this. Perhaps you can try one of those lens cleaning kits a few times. One that has a brush and liquid to clean the lens.

NYNATIVE007
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Sorry to hear about that. I had the same issue with my 2006 M about 2 yrs ago. Unfortunately, the only solution I found was to replace the entire 6 disc changer. I bought a used one on eBay for about $200 (I think a new one runs about $700). Replacing it isn't too difficult if you follow the FSM. Took me about an hour by myself. Good luck.

yomoms16
Car: infinity m35 x

NYNATIVE007 wrote:Sorry to hear about that. I had the same issue with my 2006 M about 2 yrs ago. Unfortunately, the only solution I found was to replace the entire 6 disc changer. I bought a used one on eBay for about $200 (I think a new one runs about $700). Replacing it isn't too difficult if you follow the FSM. Took me about an hour by myself. Good luck.
correct.... mine is broken now for about a yr... its actually a mechanical part that's broken inside... happens to these cars afoul the time... lucky for me I use my iPod to listen music ..not cd"s so I could care less if mines is working.... ebay has a couple of used units for good prices

fyi.. the dvd player in the glove box is for the navigation dvd...no other disc in there will work

svard75

The navigation DVD is as you said in the glovebox and is for the nav DVD but I was referring to the DVD in the arm rest. If your car came with the rear entertainment system then you would have one there but I believe it only plays audio DVDs and video DVDs.

TEE M35x

I found a couple 6-disc changers on ebay for around $200 as well.

Im wondering if the fact that I play only Mp3 CD's affects its performance and ultimately ruins the laser? I guess I could try different CD's that are a little nicer... Once i replace it.

Thanks for the help guys

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I'm not an audio engineer, but I doubt your laser can sense which type of file it is reading. I think that your unit has simply broken. I've seen posts from other members with this same trouble and it seems that they also have 2006 or older cars. Mine is a 2007 so I suppose in the next year or so, mine will also stop working.

After you replace it, here is a tip that I got from another member here. If, like me, you keep your purchased music on your comp or an external drive, try this:

Use your WMP or other software that allows you to burn CDs. Instead of burning as an MP3 CD, choose "data CD" and you can fit almost 100 tracs on the same CD. Mine usually end up between 80 - 110 tracs each, allowing you to keep nearly 600 tracs in your player at any time. They playback just fine in the car. Apparently it's a way to compress the size of the trac and squeeze more info onto the standard audio CD.

flex128
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

Yea i had the same issue on mine its a 2006 and i had to replace the radio

bigdavekma
Car: M35x

My 2007 M35x just ate a CD and then wouldn't give it back. I downloaded the repair manual for the unit and followed the schemas to the "T", carefuly removing every pin, spring, etc... got my disks back, but alas, when I put the Changer back in, it still keeps jacking up clicking like everyone else here is reporting...

Here's the repair manual link: http://elektrotanya.com/clarion_pn-2701 ... nload.html

Looks like it is my turn for a refurb unit... Thanks Infinity... ;-[

StrayCat
Car: 2006 M45, 1991 300ZX TT

Same thing happened to me. I had my dealer put in for a fix to Inifinti North America and they came through and replaced it no charge. About 2 months later I got a package in the mail from Japan, it was my six CD's that they pulled out of the broken unit!

jonlex99
Car: 06 Infiniti M35X, 06 Kawasaki Z10r, 06 G35s coupe 6smt with the 19 inch forge wheels. 02 Lexus LX470

Guy this is a common issue with any viechle that has the in dash six disc. I the same issue on my M. I was lucky and it was replace under warranty. I don't use it. My suggestion would be invest in a ipod interface and be done..

bigsikk
Car: '06 Infiniti M35x
Liquid Platinum Metallic / Graphite
Journey
Technology

Happened to me - '06 M35x - Had the Elite Warranty - That thing paid for itself - Only warranty I've ever bought - It's from the posts on here that I got it when I got my M - Had to pull my old 1 and replace - My deductible $100 - Had a loaner for 2 days from dealer - Good luck - Let us know how it goes.

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

I am in the same boat I am just going to invest in the ipod cord and forget about it.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”