2006 G-35X- New Owner needs help.

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
SyberSaint

Hello All,

My name is Dale AKA SyberSaint. I've been a member of this forum for years but for some reason I had to preregister.

I have owned an 2006 M-45S and now own an M-37S. For

Due to some circumstances I have just ended up with a 2006 G-35X (all wheel drive) with 105K miles on it.

When I start the car I hear a chirping/squeaking sound. Sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine After a few minuets it goes away. The engine runs good. No smoking, knocking, or leaks of any kind. Would someone steer me in the right direction so I start troubleshooting the problem?

Also, any input on the all-wheel drive system? How good does the system works, and is there any inherent problems or service recommendations that it may need to know about?

Thank you in advance,
Syber

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

To tell if it's a worn belt or tensioner issue you can take a bar of soap and rub it on the side of the belt that comes into contact with the pulleys. This won't harm the belt at all and it won't have a long lasting residual effect.

If the squeak goes away it's a belt or tensioner problem.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”