2005 Q45 Air Condition Question

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Robbbb55
Car: 2005 Q45

Can anyone tell me where the evaporator drain hose is on the 2005 Q45? I do not see any water dripping on the ground anywhere from AC. DO have an initial stink when cranking up AC and think hose may be clogged.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

It should be sticking through the firewall on the passenger side. Typically a black 90 degree rubber elbow turned down. I can't see it in any of the diagrams in the FSM though.

To deal with your initial stink, I have used BG Frigi-fresh, which is an air conditioner air freshener available at some dealerships in my wife's G that gets a funky smell sometime. I will try cleaning the coils next time with some foaming coil cleaner. I used some recently in my truck before installing the cabin air filter and it really freshens things up. You can get it at Home Depot in the area where they stock the window air conditioners. The stuff I used was "A/C Safe" brand and has a lemon scent that's a little overwhelming for the first day or two after you use it. It's about $5 a can.

Heath

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”