2005 Murano CVT problems

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
TheDonOfPensacola
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 Premium
2007 Nissan Maxima SE

I have a 05 Murano SL with 49k and owned it for 3 weeks now. I put less than 1k on it and having Trans problems. I pulled out into traffic last night to find myself S.O.L. on power. My Murano was bucking throughout with lack of power. I let out of the throttle and found it to shift up. There is no engine light and still bucking when taking off or 3/4 throttle. I called to setup an appt. with the dealer I purchased it from. What do I need to know or be prepared for from the dealer?

TheDonOfPensacola
2007 Nissan Maxima SE

TheDonOfPensacola wrote:I have a 05 Murano SL with 49k and owned it for 3 weeks now. I put less than 1k on it and having Trans problems. I pulled out into traffic last night to find myself S.O.L. on power. My Murano was bucking throughout with lack of power. I let out of the throttle and found it to shift up. There is no engine light and still bucking when taking off or 3/4 throttle. I called to setup an appt. with the dealer I purchased it from. What do I need to know to be prepared for from the dealer?
So, I was driving home from work when my Murano starts shutting off, flooding bogging down when you accelerate(Plus the CVT) I had to dissconnect the MAP to get to stay running in order to get out of the intersection. I had it towed to the dealer and should hear something today (GOOD NEWS I HOPE) thats its covered. I am having buyers remorse now that I purchased it. I hope that it doesn't turn out to be a nightmare.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Please keep us posted as to what the dealer's findings are!

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Whatever the problem is, it will be covered under the original warranty from Nissan - you are less than 5 years and 60,000 miles - you should be good!

TheDonOfPensacola
2007 Nissan Maxima SE

I just heard back from the dealer and the Intake tube slipped off and caused all this headache. I just read also this morning on another post. that this happens alot. Wished I read that before I had taken it to the dealer(No Charge! Thanks Sandy Sansing Nissan). So if your having a lack of throttle response, throaty sounds, and a bucking CVT. Pop open the hood, and check your intake tube. Really!

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Thanks for the update, we appreciate it!

rubbersidedown
Car: Infiniti EX35. Black & Chestnut. All options but Tech Pkg. RWD.

I have a 2004 Murano, and assuming it to be laid out the same as your 2005, where is the intake tube located and what does it look like. Mine just started similar symtoms.

I was thinking fuel filter, but there isn't a servicable filter from what I see on the web. The vehicle has been so trouble-free, I've had no reason to get familiar with the engine compartment. Thanks,

ohtro1
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano

I have had same problem in stop and go traffic lurching hesitation. I tightened the bolts on the clamps of the air intake and it solved my problem. There are three bolts that tighten the air intake tube. Standing in front of the vehicle the air intake is on the drivers front fender and the large tube going from the air filter box to the fuel injector area is what you want to look at. Tighten the clamps (like the clamps on the old radiator hose) and it should work. Good Luck!

jiggy813
Car: 05 NISSAN MURANO

Hey guys i just joined this site today. I noticed a lot of talk about the intake. I now have 107,302 Miles on the car and i have that problem way back in the 50,000 range. I recently have not had any problems with it but i am going to install a aftermarket Intake which can be found at Autopartswarehouse.com and the intake is made by Injen around like 200-300 bucks not really expensive but worth it if you want to get rid of the problem for good.

JIGGY

zogy

If you have “bucking” or “lack of power” hopefully this will provide a solution.I just wanted to state my appreciation for your efforts on this forum. My 2004 Murano has been running poorly for the last several weeks; primarily bucking (sometimes violently), and a severe lack of power. It was particularly bad when cold, but still quite bad even when warm. I had assumed it was some type of drivability issue (e.g a bad sensor) , although it did not trigger the Check Engine Light. I was prepared to take it to a dealer; when prompted by a friend I did a Google search for “murano bucking” and ended up reading this thread. The Bottom line is that based on a post on this thread I checked the intake hose for possible leaks… and mine was not only loose, it was partially disconnected. I slipped it back on and the problems was solved!! I am not suggesting that everyone on this thread has this issue, I suspect that there may indeed be other more serious issues… and you have my condolences. But, I just wanted to suggest that anyone with a “bucking” or “lack of power” issue at least check their intake connections before taking it in to the dealer. My thanks go out to those that took the time to post their comments about this issue.The intake connections are basically a source of air leakage between the Mass Air Flow sensor (attached to the air cleaner assembly), and the intake manifold. There are two rubber flex hoses that attach to a plastic housing using hose clamps, they appear to be the most likely areas for leakage; or in my case separation. But any air leak would have the same effect to some extent. Hope this helps some solve their problem.

MoZo
Car: 06 4WD Murano SE

what if I got this:My 06 4WD murano failed to shift to the 4th gear after replacing the battery, dealer checked it with the CONSULT II and gave us two codes: P0744 and P1778. which means replacing the whole CVT.

I don't believe this, I think it's electrical not mechanical, and the dealer said that the cvt can not re-programed.

I checked the air intakes and it's fine.

Any ideas?

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Have the CVT replaced on warranty, it's the only and best option, you're in a win win situation.

muranomike
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SL

anyone have a picture or detailled location of this intake hose? Thanks Mike

Return to “Murano Forum”