2004 QX56 - Back glass automatically opens

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
JeffS
Car: 2004 QX56

Here's the problem. When I unlock the passenger doors with the remote the back glass unlocks by itself. If I don't open and close it, it will just continue to unlock itself repeatedly. What do you think?

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

First off, welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Armada/QX56 Forum!

Sorry to here about the problem, that is the first time I have ever heard of that happening! Sounds like a "glitch" of some sort, my only advice is to get it to the dealer, hopefully it isn't anything major. Good luck!

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

I've noticed here at the dealer that water that seeps into the hatch causes a voltage short and the switch circuit closes so you should get to the dealer and they may diagnose it as a faulty switch.

terry culpepper
Car: INFINITI QX56

just bought a 2004 QX56 with the same problem. I have work on vechiles all my life, I took back panel off inside hatch, then took license plate off it that has the button you push to open back glass, took button apart water had corroded wires in button, I bought a different type of button at local parts store an splice it in myself it works great, the reason I did not replace it with factory button is it would just do it again ( bad part from dealer).

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

the factory switch has been updated and improved. When any part on a vehicle begins to have trouble, a fix via an updated or new part is always in the making. In this case, the new part has been available for over 2 years now.

Import-Tooner

This happened to my 2006. It was exactly what pouyzinous was saying. Water was getting back into the switch in the rear hatch causing it to short. They fixed it under warranty on mine.

TonyGqx56
Car: 2010 QX56 Late Model

My 2010 has had 3 switches, all brand new Nissan parts. Now the last one, brand new, mind you doesn't work at all. I pulled the connector apart and checked the voltage at the plug. It sits at 2v constantly, not 12v, 2v. I have problems with the car not wanting to start so I left it disconnected and now the battery stays mostly charged and it starts pretty consistently. I would like to know why/how/where that voltage is coming from. Does anyone know where the relay might be? I think it's stuck/bad. Or wires are shorting in the harness maybe? Any ideas would be helpful as I would like to use the switch to open the glass again. Thanks, TonyG

KCClark
Car: 2009 QX56

I've had the "back glass popping open on its own" feature twice on my 2009 QX56. Traced it to water getting in the outside push switch. Have replaced it twice. Put a lot of silicone on it the first time to stop it from happening again. Put even more silicone on it the second time.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”