2004 M45 - Multiple Issues

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dcarveriii
Car: 2004 Infiniti M45

1. My 04 M45 does not honk when I press the lock button. I have gone to settings in the display and checked for the lights to flash and the horn to honk and also held down the lock and unlock buttons on the remote but it still does not work. The horn does work when I press the button on the steering wheel. There is an aftermarket DEI alarm sticker on my fuse panel so I'm not sure if this would have something to do with it. All I have is the factory remote, nothing aftermarket.

2. None of my radio buttons work, Am/Fm, sat, cd, volume, nothing. They also do not light up at night when the interior lights are on. If I use the voice system and say radio on, the radio screen shows up, but the stations are blank and nothing works. No sound at all comes out of the speakers, including when GPS is on. I went into diagnosis mode and the audio amp and center control unit were both yellow. It seems to me that one of them may be a problem because it says they are not communicating with each other. The Infiniti dealer told me it was the audio amp but it doesn't make sense to me that none of the audio buttons would work just due to the amp. Any suggestions?

3. My cruise control does not work. I do have a flat tire warning that I believe is due to a bad tpms sensor. I just put brand new tires on the car and there are no issues with my tire pressure. My car does have the laser cruise. The cruise button works and the light comes on and beeps but it will not lock the speed in. Is this only due to the flat tire warning?

Thanks guys.

myother45isalesbaer
Car: 2004 M45 Q70 awd,4.5

I don't think you are not getting many responses as you have so many issues that seem to be electrical all us 2004 M owners are baffled. I am. I have a 2004 M45 and have never had one of the issues you are having. Wish I could help, but I can't.

sebvox
Car: 1995 Q45 **R.I.P.** 2003 M45

How long have you had the car? Why is there an aftermarket alarm sticker on the window? There are separate horns for this vehicle. The one that beeps for the alarm is different than the other. Does it look like any modifications have previously been done to your car? If so, this will most likely be an isolated problem specific to your car.

shak77
Car: 03 m455

for the alarm, check to see if there is a separate horn/siren somewhere near front bumper, that is designated to the alarm. Some cars use separate sirens.

The flat tire warning I get on my car all the time on the hwy, goes away after a while, and my pressure monitor stopped working when i got the car. I had discount tire reset TPMS, works only for a day or so. I would recommend just getting a regular gauge and checking the pressure, and I do not think cruise is related to the tire pressure as my cruise works fine with the warning light on.

As far as radio, it maybe cheaper for you just to get a replacement factory radio from ebay or a junk yard and plug it in. The worse scenario you have a used extra stereo that you can sell back or keep as a backup. Dealers don't know s*** if their diagnostic system does not pinpoint the problem.

good luck.

Double E
Car: '04 M45 Dark Blue., NAV

I also don't have any of these issues. If my TPMS shouts a warning, it's a legitimate issue.

If you go the junkyard route, getting an amp to start the process of fixing is where I'd start before replacing the HU.

dcarveriii
Car: 2004 Infiniti M45

Dealer reset something to get the horn to start honking when locking the car and diagnosed the tmps problem due to a bad tmps sensor in the front driver's wheel. As for the cruise control, they charged me an hour diagnostic fee and said that they checked all the fuses and simple checks and would need another hour to look more into it. They said they thought it might be an internal fault inside the icc sensor but not confirm without more diagnostic.
I am experiencing the same issue with the cruise control that I have seen in other posts on this site but nobody ever replies after getting the problem fixed. My manual cruise will not work, much less the icc cruise. Anybody else deal with cruise control issues? Thanks for all of your replies.

Double E
Car: '04 M45 Dark Blue., NAV

You're not trying to use cruise control in manual shift mode are you?
Last edited by Double E on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Linkous
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x

Hello,
The Horn Honking when Locking is actually something which can and appears is disabled in your Car. Just go into the Setup Menu and turn it back on. I personally have left this off for the past 5 years as I find the Horn Honking when I Lock the Doors to be obnoxious. Regardless, it can be turned back on.

Your Cruise Control should work again once you replace the TPMS Sensor. This is standard that it does not work if there is a Fault in the TPMS System. Note, freezing temperatures often make the Sensors act up.

As for your Radio, this is honestly the first time I have ever read about anyone having issues as you have described on 2003-2004 (Y34) M45's. Hopefully,it is nothing major.

I absolutely love my 2004 M and it still remains the best car I have ever owned. After over 5 Years, I still want for nothing as far as cars go. Hopefully you have gotten yours sorted out as they really are special cars that are unbelievably rare. It stinks about their Resale Value as I paid $28,500 for my fully loaded CPO 2004 that also included the Elite Warranty.
Cheers,
ML

Fathertime423
Car: Infiniti m45 2003

My radio and screen went out nothing works on it! Can't turn nothing on! The screen runs my ac and the radio!
Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

EdBwoy

Fathertime423 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:42 am
My radio and screen went out nothing works on it! Can't turn nothing on! The screen runs my ac and the radio!
Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Check this out:
2002-q45-with-dead-av-control-unit-cent ... 23598.html

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”