2003 pathfinder LE(Bose) I need some questions answered about replacing stereo

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
samuri jack
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2003

hello and thanks for checking in to possibly help me with some questions i have in replacing my factory head unit. 1) I am putting in a JVC highdef, SAt ready unit and a serius satellite kit, are there any sites that would help me with easy removal of the factory unit.2) while the new head unit can be controlled with a remote, I still want my steering wheel options to work, does that function have anything to do with the haress connections during initial install?

samuri jack

hello and thanks for checking in to possibly help me with some questions i have in replacing my factory head unit. 1) I am putting in a JVC highdef, SAt ready unit and a serius satellite kit, are there any sites that would help me with easy removal of the factory unit.2) while the new head unit can be controlled with a remote, I still want my steering wheel options to work, does that function have anything to do with the haress connections during initial install?

samuri jack

samuri jack

Well I have read every posting on stereo/bose problems and concerns, The installation aspect of a new deck seams to be easy enough. But the amp situation has got me concerned, people say remove the entire thing(speakers,amps,wires)and over fresh. Then others have mentioned the draw from there new head unit to the amp'd bose speakers have burned up there units. Not sure what to believe? I have learned this I need a steering wheel additional hook up so my steering wheel controls work.

samuri jack

I guess the only question i have left is the factory speakers, replace them and rewire with no amps or rewire/splice the existing speakers bypassing the amps? Please some reply would be appreciated thanks.

samuri jack

Well I have read every posting on stereo/bose problems and concerns, The installation aspect of a new deck seams to be easy enough. But the amp situation has got me concerned, people say remove the entire thing(speakers,amps,wires)and start over fresh. Then others have mentioned the draw from there new head unit to the amp'd bose speakers have burned up there units. Not sure what to believe? I have learned this I need a steering wheel additional hook up so my steering wheel controls work.

samuri jack

Well I have read every posting on stereo/bose problems and concerns, The installation aspect of a new deck seams to be easy enough. But the amp situation has got me concerned, people say remove the entire thing(speakers,amps,wires)and start over fresh. Then others have mentioned the draw from there new head unit to the amp'd bose speakers have burned up there units. Not sure what to believe? I have learned this I need a steering wheel additional hook up so my steering wheel controls work.

samuri jack

I guess the only question i have left is the factory speakers, replace them and rewire with no amps or rewire/splice the existing speakers bypassing the amps? Please some reply would be appreciated thanks.

samuri jack

samuri jack

anyone reading this check out my audio question any suggestions or advice my main concern is to get my satelite radio hooked up

SixGuns
Car: '04 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4

Posting to pimp a post isn't going to get people to answer your questions....it will just lead them to read the origional post to find out what questions they won't be answering. Give it time, not everyone has torn apart their audio systems...that used to be the first thing I would do to a vehicle, and I've never touched mine....So I'm no help. Something will come along. But quit pimping. Bump if need be....but don't pimp.

samuri jack

sixguns i appreciate your wisdom, and your feed back and in the words of the wise yoda, pimpn i have not-howard stern you seek-father he is. In the end I did tear entire console apart but just to add Sirius Rec. starmate5 and an fm module to keep sound nice and clear. To up grade system is around 350-400.00 not including deck if you want sirius satelite hard wired. That doesnt include labor so i took the lesser of two evils I'll post some pics. talk to ya

samuri jack

I answered my own questions so no need to reply for this post but i would be happy to answer any now that my knowledge is extension from performing my self. thanks for looking though

samuri jack

NO NEED TO REPLY TO THIS PROBLEM SOLVED THANKS FOR LOOKING.

SixGuns
Car: '04 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4

samuri jack wrote:sixguns i appreciate your wisdom, and your feed back and in the words of the wise yoda, pimpn i have not-howard stern you seek-father he is. In the end I did tear entire console apart but just to add Sirius Rec. starmate5 and an fm module to keep sound nice and clear. To up grade system is around 350-400.00 not including deck if you want sirius satelite hard wired. That doesnt include labor so i took the lesser of two evils I'll post some pics. talk to ya
......I think I've known 2 people who had xm/sirius...didn't know anyone used that sh*t anymore...as far as your gibberish above....whatever.

Torgus
Car: Nissan Maxima

samuri jack wrote:I guess the only question i have left is the factory speakers, replace them and rewire with no amps or rewire/splice the existing speakers bypassing the amps? Please some reply would be appreciated thanks.
best option is buy new speakers and new amps for them, and removed the old amps, headunit, etc. these parts usualy go for a decent ammount online can can help offset the money you have spent on the new hardware. or leave em in if you're thinking of taking the amps and speakers with you from this nissan to another ride.

new amps + new speakers are going to sound 100x better than stock. trust me it'll be night and day.

however if you don't want to spend the $ i'v never once had a problem adding an aftermarket headunit to a nissan with BOSE before. I just hook it up like normal and it's fine.

good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

oh and you can get some good deals on amps and speakers. you could do you're whole car for under $400 and have some decent equipment.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”