2003 G35C, CEL Runs Rough, Loss of power

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Kenrik
Car: 240Sx Coupe, G35 Coupe, Versa Hatch

Hey guys! some of you may remember me :chuckle:

So I'm having a problem with the G35C 6MT, The car is running extremely rough and sounds / feels like not all of the cylinders may be firing - though it is slightly smoother at higher RPMs. I have straight pipes and something like this happened in the past and it turned out to be bad O2 sensors, however I don't think that is the case this time.

IIRC All of the issues happened at some point after the battery going dead, CEL is flashing, when I pull the codes I get O2 sensor errors however I have replaced the O2 sensors twice now (thought the first set may be bad) and installed the O2 extenders / fix just in case and still no dice. I then replaced all of the spark plugs and it was not any better. Moving down the list of what could be causing it I replaced the MAF and still same as before.

(Reset the ECU after each case)

Looking at different forums I'm coming up with camshaft or crankshaft sensors as other possible causes though I'm not getting CEL codes for them (that does not mean they are good though!)

After some reset cycles and running it sometimes it will drop the CEL, smooth out to run perfect for a few minutes and then drop back into running like s***. My thought on this is that whatever sensor is causing the issue gets back in spec long enough to get it running properly.

At this point I'm not going to just keep replacing parts - I need help. Ideas?

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Good to see ya

yeah, without a CEL triggered it's difficult. You can try resets first: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/g35-ho ... rning.html

You may have some form of vacuum leak as well. You can try and spray some carb cleaner around the engine to see if some area causes it to stumble....

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”