2003 G35 sedan won't Rev past 2250rpm

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
S281

Man, no clue what is going on but I just finished installing a motordyne iso thermal plenum spacer and stillen airbox and z tube. No obvious vacuum leaks that I see or hear. I did unplug the battery before I started, and tapped the brakes for a ecu reset before connecting the battery after install.

The first couple miles it was running fine then all of a sudden it won't Rev past 2250rpm. It's almost like it hits and starts bouncing off a Rev limiter. Here is a short video I made :

G35 sedan won't accelerate past 2250rpm - YouTube

What could be causing this,has to be something I'm missing. Should I try an ecu reset the pedal method? It would have to be an ecu issue since in any gear it won't rev pst the exact same rpm?

Car is a 2003.5 sedan 5at

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Make sure you have all the electrical connections connected! Also, check to see if you're pinching the oil fill plastic with the spacer...ask me how I know that one...lol

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

You are in safe mode. Recheck every connection. Maf sensor is good start to check
(saw this was 25 days old but hey)

88keys
Car: 2004 G35 Sport 6MT Sedan (winter beater :) )
71 Corvette Stingray Roadster

Did you check for any codes? After I installed my Stillen intake, I got a CEL. I cleaned the MAF and, voila, no problem since. Didn't have any rev issues, though. Good luck!

88keys
Car: 2004 G35 Sport 6MT Sedan (winter beater :) )
71 Corvette Stingray Roadster

Hey, did you do all the resets and calibrations? Since we have drive-by-wire, maybe do the throttle position/accelerator pedal calibration thingy, whatever its called. Just a thought. I did all these after installing my Stillen intake and seemed to make a difference. Here's the link: http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/g35-35 ... edure.html

Tachikaze

I had this problem a couple of years ago when pulling out of a parking lot and stalling the car. I reset the onboard puter and it worked fine until two months ago when it did the same thing with no apparent malfunction or driver error.
Attempts to reset the puter failed. The sensor read said a failed throttle sensor. Replaceded that and it works fine.
Retained the sensor, disassembled it, small wear mark on the receptor, still conducted current, but would occasionally ( occasionally now) not conduct current.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”