2001 Infiniti qx4 with Navigation Aftermarket Stereo

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
liebers19
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 w Nav

I have searched high and low to find the answers...but I am stumped. I dont use my navigation because it is horrible and the setup is the dual din navigation with the heater controls integrated...and below is a single din tape player that is connected to nav/6 disc....can that tape player be removed to install an aftermarket cd player...i do not mind losing the 6 disc, or the nav, but i want an mp3/serius cd player that I can also add amplifiers and subs to...any help would be great...

THANKS

BoostTed

you probably need to buy the HVAC control unit from the QX4 without nav, as well as counsel trim.

infinitiwon
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

yes u can remove the bose tape deck and replace with aftermarket radio. But u have to rewire and replace the speakers in the doors. Only thing that will not work is the voice on the navi. I did it to mine replaced head unit speakers added two amps and sub. sounds great. And the shop that did mine said they can put it back to stock easily just save everything.

infinitiwon
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4

here some pics [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

liebers19

do the speakers need to be replaced even if i am not running an amp on them....just on the sub..? i dont feel like pulling the doors off and getting new speakers there too...??

liebers19

and what wiring harness would i need to get to install the cd player

liebers19

bump........anymore help would be greatly appreciated

slickroger
Car: Nissan Pathfinder 2001

every audio place ive been to has always said to remove all the speakers.

I have never done that and i personally think the factory speakers do a great job considering they never play bass. i let my sub do all the bass work, you should not have to replace all your speakers its just another ground that you need to hook up so that the amps in your doors will turn on and the speakers will play. i helped Qxxx4 out with the recently so if you have questions hes done it recently and should know hope that helps.

Qxxx4
Car: 1999.5 Infiniti QX4, 2012 Mustang

yeah its a money grab when they say remove all the speakers. All you need to do is connect your remote turn on wire to your factory amp turn on (blue wire) and also splice that with your subwoofer's amp turn on. Keep the bose system if you have it, Roger's system sounded rediculously amazing with his stock speakers and aftermarket subs/amp. there is no need to even touch the tweeters/door speakers.

This chat about having to change out all the speakers is what prevented me from upgrading for so long. After hearing Roger's system it totally removed any doubts i had in upgrading. your all welcomed to come visit my Q and see for yourself. everyone whose been in it has been blown away. literally.

its a BOSE system. thats all i have to say. the only thing better than it is whats in my parent's 03 land rover discovery. Full out Harmon Kardon, each door has its out low, mid, and high, it is freaking amazing. but stilll could use subs

REZN
Car: Nissan Pathfinder

thats the exact same navigation system ive got in my pthfinderi love the way it looks and all but im missing buttons off of iti posted up pictures of it a while backunfortunately more buttons have fallen off (shaking my head)i actually wanna get the avic d3 but no cashare you keeping that navigation system?
infinitiwon wrote:here some pics [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

REZN
Car: Nissan Pathfinder

i deffinately need help installing minescircuit city said 60 dollarsi said free if i got nico club lolbut yeah can you still use the 6 cd changer or beter yet can you stiull use the buttons on the steering wheel?
slickroger wrote:every audio place ive been to has always said to remove all the speakers.

I have never done that and i personally think the factory speakers do a great job considering they never play bass. i let my sub do all the bass work, you should not have to replace all your speakers its just another ground that you need to hook up so that the amps in your doors will turn on and the speakers will play. i helped Qxxx4 out with the recently so if you have questions hes done it recently and should know hope that helps.

liebers19

all i need is to know the color of the wires to tap for amp turn on...and to splice to make the rca's for the aftermarket amp off of the factory amp......i cant find this info anywhere!!!!!!

Ozimandius
Car: 2001.5 Infiniti QX4

Did you ever get this sorted? I have a 2001 QX4 too and the AC buttons are falling off.

sroberts
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

I got it sorted, was some trouble but I'm happy with the outcome. The main obstacle is that the factory NAV has climate controls and aftermarket head units do not, so you need to get a traditional climate control for your truck. Here's what I did:

- find a 2-DIN Nav+Stereo unit that fits - almost all units that support CD/DVD will be too deep, but there are several recent options without CD/DVD
- purchase a steering wheel control adapter to allow your steering wheel controls to work with the new stereo
- purchase an audio adapter to adapt the new stereo to the existing amp
- purchase a non-Nav Pathfinder auto climate control *with* wiring harness
- wire the non-Nav wiring harness to your Pathfinder's (with-Nav) wiring harness. This step is somewhat complex and tedious.
- modify the opening in your bezel to fit the climate control; not easy to do without breaking the bezel
- fashion a method to secure the climate control to the bezel.

Discussion thread: update-removed-navigation-and-rewired-a ... 83201.html

Ozimandius

sroberts wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:21 pm
I got it sorted, was some trouble but I'm happy with the outcome. The main obstacle is that the factory NAV has climate controls and aftermarket head units do not, so you need to get a traditional climate control for your truck. Here's what I did:

- find a 2-DIN Nav+Stereo unit that fits - almost all units that support CD/DVD will be too deep, but there are several recent options without CD/DVD
- purchase a steering wheel control adapter to allow your steering wheel controls to work with the new stereo
- purchase an audio adapter to adapt the new stereo to the existing amp
- purchase a non-Nav Pathfinder auto climate control *with* wiring harness
- wire the non-Nav wiring harness to your Pathfinder's (with-Nav) wiring harness. This step is somewhat complex and tedious.
- modify the opening in your bezel to fit the climate control; not easy to do without breaking the bezel
- fashion a method to secure the climate control to the bezel.

Discussion thread: update-removed-navigation-and-rewired-a ... 83201.html
Thanks, that's an awesome thread. I'll be getting this done professionally...soon. However, I haven't had any luck finding a climate control with the wiring harness.

And I'm assuming this is the auto climate control? Image

sroberts
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE 4WD

Not sure if that one would work but this one does:

Ozimandius

sroberts wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:16 pm
Not sure if that one would work but this one does:

Isn't that the one from the first-gen QX4? I found it on eBay but without the wiring unfortunately. I was assuming the climate control from the second-gen QX4 (the one I posted, or the one below) would be more compatible, in terms of wiring.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”