2000 q45 no heat!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
fanmanflex
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX

I recently bought a 2000 q45 anniversary and was told it had no heat due to a plugged heater core. Tried flushing it a couple different ways but just built back pressure. So i pulled the dash out and wouldn't ya know it the heater core flows fine once you flip the heater control valve open. didn't know that was under the dash

So i was thinking it must be the motor that controls the opening of that valve? I don't wanna throw that much money on a what if. So I'm gonna tie the valve open for the winter but should i also tie the blend door that the motor also hooks up to or should i tie open just the heater valve and leave the (what i believe to be fresh air door) blend door open?

I know this is a long read but i appreciate any help. I plan to pull the dash back out in the spring and fix it proper but for now i just want good heat for the winter. So long story short. You think i would still get good heat by only opening the heater core and not flipping the other blend door that opens when the heater valve is opened? Or should i open both fully like the motor would do factory?

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

you are one of the few to take apart an fgy33 dash.
pictures would be a nice contribution.
not certain if it's the hot/cold mix door to which you refer, or the fresh/recirc door.
if the former, then you won't get full heat without repositioning.
if the latter, then it's really your choice: do you normally like recirc on or off?

maurice2000
Car: 2000 q45 ae

I'm having that same problem where's the valve your talking about can you send me a pic?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”