2000 MAXIMA P0134 code... Will it be okay, if I change the sensor?

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
75jihyun
Car: 2000 NISSAN MIXIMA

Hello~

Recently, my car looked weird. The engine kept stopping when it was idling especially when my tranny was in P and D, sometimes even in D also. Up to yesterday, I didn't get any engine ckeck light even though it seemed like serious, and finally I got the light today. I rushed to Autozone, and got P0134 code, which is O2 sensor error code. I searched a lot of threads on this, and a lot of guys were saying O2 sensor error code can be caused by bad MAF. Is there anyone who got this code? If you had before, what have you done for this? If O2 sensor is only problem, I can see Boche O2 sensor in Autozone, how is it working? It works well? If MAF can be a problem, can I change this by myself without reprogramming, or using the diagnosis which Autozone has? I really do not want spend several hundreds for this service in Nissan dealer.

I need your help. Please, help me. Thank you,

Jihyun............ [email protected]

kr rz350
Car: 87 nissan 300zx turbo HAHA Man that thing burned awhile ago lolz

Call around to different dealers, I wouldn't pay more than $75 for the maf ecu re-flash. Also, it does sound like your maf could be on it's way out, if you have access to a decent obdII scanner the long term fuel trims would be of great help.

75jihyun
Car: 2000 NISSAN MIXIMA

Thanks rz350They said that to reprogram of MAF ECU would be charged 92bucks+tax.I called to another dealer in Columbus to ask on this code number and cost. They said the error code was nothing to do with the problem. I need to bring my car to there center, and spend 100 bucks... then they can tell what is going on. It is so ridiculous. What is the error code for then..?I just decided to go with cheaper one. I will buy the oxygen sensor, and change it tomorrow. Let's see what happens...

Thanks...

ffo8633055
Car: nissan maxima

I get the same kind of problem with my 2000 maxima too before the first thing i will advise u to do is get ur throlle body cleaned out first and also clean ur MAF with a caburator cleaner or throlle body cleaner to clean the sensor in the MAF out and u should feel notice a better performance in the car.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”