2000 infiniti q45?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
JThIrtY
Car: 1997 Infiniti J30

Hello, im debating leasing a 2000 infiniti q45 with the 4.1. Before its too late i was wondering if these are decent cars, mainly talking about the engine and tranny (auto). vh41de. i did a vin decode and it was developed overseas but i assume its not the jdm version of the engine. im trying to cram hard to find info as quickly as possible. the car has 109k miles on it. they want 6200$. is it a well designed engine that is quick in stock form and easily buildable? I'm young and broke and dont want to have a money pit. i know it has the cast log exhaust manifold and some other type of intake (not the spider) but is that all that gives the vh41 us a bad rep?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I assume you are buying and not leasing the car? Is that $6200 American dollars?? The VH41de is a very good engine, it is nearly bullet proof if it was maintained (regular oil changes etc). There is not timing belt to do so you do not have that issue.

If this is $6200 US dollars, that seems a little high for the mileage, but you need to find records for the car if possible. If the previous owner has done everything religiously then I would offer $5 to $5,000. The car at this mileage has lots of life left in it.

As for making this faster, there are very few or no parts available for speed. If you want to buy this assume beyond an exhaust there are very few if no off-the-shelf speed parts for any year Q45.

JThIrtY
Car: 1997 Infiniti J30

I was debating financing the car. it seems to be very clean and in good condition. the asking price is 6200$ US. they show a carfax and it was always regularly maintained and not ever abused that i can tell of. no wrecks, clean title. its the vh41de usdm engine. also very clean and non deglected looking. everything is in working order as it should. paint, interior, and exterior is almost immaculant. http://images.craigslist.org/00c0c_3E4F ... 00x450.jpg here is a link to the ad. Does anyone else have any opinions? i'm also considering this 1999 mercedes slk230 kompressor that seems to be for a better price. but has a few issues like the roof not working which is no big deal to me i wouldnt ever use it anyways. and some sort of ac problem. not sure if its the compressor, has a leak somehwere or just needs a recharge. i go to school ft for diesel o ihave the resources at my shop to perform any maintenance and or repairs. here is that ad http://images.craigslist.org/00X0X_29xW ... 00x450.jpg thanks once again

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”