1999 Nissan Maxima SE Drop Resistor

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
dudefixx
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited Edition

I'm pretty sure that I need a drop resistor. 1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited Edition, Automatic. Hard shift from 1st to 2nd. Transmission flush and filter done. However, cannot find one for sale online....is it called something other than a drop resistor?

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

Welcome to NICO.

I'm pretty sure it's a dealer only part. I've seen it called a dropping resistor in the FSM.

dudefixx
Car: 1999 Nissan Maxima SE Limited Edition

Thanks, Scott! You are right....Advance and Autozone had no clue....even with the Nissan part number. Technically it was called "resistor A" but the dealer knew exactly what it was when I said drop resistor. $48 and I'll install it this weekend to see if it works. Just bought the car and it looks like my resistor is beat up (and hanging) from the air filter cover coming off and on and hitting it, so wondering if that is why it's shifting so hard. Figured I'd try the cheap part first. :-) Couldn't even find it in Haynes manuals, but fortunately found a part number for it, too, and it matched with the Nissan dealer. Appreciate it!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”