1998 Q45: hesitation issue

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
waculjr903
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q 45 base model w/132K all stock except K&N air filter, NGK Iridium Lazer cut plugs.

I have a new issue with my Q. It idles absolutely fine, no problems there. When cruising down the road on highway, it jerks once and the TCS/slip light comes on real quick and goes out within a second or two. This happens usually once or twice on a 300mile trip. It now is more frequent, like every trip I make it does it at least once. Feels sluggish upon mild acceleration, but when you kick it down it scoots real good. I ordered and received my knock sensors, but have to wait till next weekend to put them in with the new sub harnesses. I read a series of posts on bucking and jerking. They talked about replacing all coils and/or MAF/and/or EGR... I am seeking wisdom as to while I'm in there already doing knock sensors, what else do I need to fix this problem? No check engine light on. Also, when I use Lucas fuel system cleaner, it doesn't happen quite as often.

duck_3986
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

If your MAF is original, it's probably not a bad idea to put a new one in at 132k miles.

waculjr903
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q 45 base model w/132K all stock except K&N air filter, NGK Iridium Lazer cut plugs.

Well I got my parts on Thursday, installed them on Friday. I bought 8 new Hitachi coil packs and a mass airflow sensor by Delphi. Everything is brand new, not re manufactured. Started it, let it get to operating temperature. Everything was so quiet and smooth, I couldn't tell if it was still running. Lol! My wife forgot to get the tags current, so will have to wait to test drive next week. While removing the air cowling that goes to the air box, the tall and thin air chamber that dangles down decided to break loose at the top of the neck of it. I was wondering what would be safe to use to bond it back together? It must not be flammable, being it resides right next to the side of the radiator. I bought some two part epoxy that sets in 5minutes. It says on the package, not recommended for use above 200*F. Would this be safe to use for this? Or is there something better?

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”